conditioning blue gouramis

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mrcrabbs

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
From what I have heard of conditioning fish is that you feed them different foods? Is that true? Also can I condition both in the same tank and what different types fo food should I feed the blue gouramis so they are ready.

Blackworms are good, you'll need some variety in addition to that though. Frozen foods like bloodworms and brine shrimp are good alternatives since not everybody has blackworms on hand. Maybe you can boil a teeny tiny slice of zucchini and then give them little slivers at a time. They'll also take fruit flies. :)

Can I condition both of them alone in a 29 gallon?

I don't see why not, is that the breeding tank?

Just feed them well and let them go about their business and they'll eventually spawn. Are they living together currently? Or are they a new pair...do they get along, what's going on? :huh:

wuvmybetta said:

Just feed them well and let them go about their business and they'll eventually spawn. Are they living together currently? Or are they a new pair...do they get along, what's going on? :huh:
I have a community tank with some fish including the 2 blue gouramis. Occasionally the male will chase the female or the female will chase the male but not doing any harm. It is kinda playful. They are doing fine together. I have almost set up the breeding tank. Nothing is in it and only they will be in there untill there are fry and then I will move them back to the community.

mrcrabbs said:
wuvmybetta said:

I have a community tank with some fish including the 2 blue gouramis. Occasionally the male will chase the female or the female will chase the male but not doing any harm. It is kinda playful. They are doing fine together. I have almost set up the breeding tank. Nothing is in it and only they will be in there untill there are fry and then I will move them back to the community.
Sounds perfect!! Good luck! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back