Compatibility

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HarryALot

Reaction score
Hi again,

In a few weeks (after cyling) im going to be purchasing my fish and I have a few ideas on what to get but even after a lot of research I have a few gaps as to what can go with what.

My tank is a 143 litre with several live plants and rocks.

The fish I was hoping to get were:

8 Rummy Nose Tetras
4 clown loaches (2 male 2 female) hoping for a possibility of breeding though unlikely
8 Penguin Tetras

Please let me know if these fish will be ok with each other or if I have chosen a bit too many fish :p

Many Thanks

Harry

Hi welcome to the forum :)

Main thing with this stocking list is the Clown Loach - they get waayyy to big for 143 liters - have a google for Marge the Clown Loach and you will see what I mean - though she is the biggest ever (I think) others dont get far off...

You would be better off with a smaller species of loach like Dwarf Chain Loach or Zebra Loach :) You could get a larger group of 6 with these as well :)

Your over all stocking is fine so far and a little on the light side if anything. Penquin Tetras have a slightly nippy reputation so I would look at upping their numbers to keep them involved with each other rather than other tank mates. You could up your Rummynose Tetras as well if you wanted or start to look at other species? Some Dwarf Cichlids would look good with them like Laetacara or Bolivian Rams (but not Blue Rams) or Apistogramma, lots of species in there Panduro are my favorite but lots of options.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back