Come follow my experience with COVID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I'm not vaccinated and dont wear masks, already had it. Felt like death for 3 days and then was fine. In comparison to other flues and colds I'd say its not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys please just be supportive to the OP we dont need your opinion on the whole pandemic era, your personal choices etc. The OP has started a thread looking to our community for support, it does not need political grandstanding, conspiracy theories or people trying to stoke drama.

It would be a terrible outcome if this thread had to be locked and we were unable to support one of our members. Mods are keeping a very close eye on this thread and our decisions are final, if your posts are edited or deleted tough.

@I Like Rare Fish how are you feeling today?
I slept really well yesterday. I ended up falling asleep after taking a shower at 1AM. Showers are great. Unfortunately itā€™s very dry here, and it makes my coughing worse and my throat more painful. Iā€™ve ordered a humidifier for my room off of Amazon, and itā€™ll be here tomorrow. I also started to water down my Gatorade. Iā€™m fairly sure my blood glucose is through the roof, as Iā€™ve been drinking 64oz of Gatorade a day. Only thing I ate yesterday was a slice of turkey and a piece of bread. I have a Zoom with my doctor in the afternoon, not sure what to expect.

I slept really well yesterday. I ended up falling asleep after taking a shower at 1AM. Showers are great. Unfortunately itā€™s very dry here, and it makes my coughing worse and my throat more painful. Iā€™ve ordered a humidifier for my room off of Amazon, and itā€™ll be here tomorrow. I also started to water down my Gatorade. Iā€™m fairly sure my blood glucose is through the roof, as Iā€™ve been drinking 64oz of Gatorade a day. Only thing I ate yesterday was a slice of turkey and a piece of bread. I have a Zoom with my doctor in the afternoon, not sure what to expect.
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I think that this is all going to be the new ''normal''. I am vaccinated and boosted, but with the way things are going now, I am not sure that will do a hell of a lot of good. We should be relieved that the variants are becoming weaker, much like the Spanish flu did 100+ years ago.

I am taking my nephew to a concert this Friday. A big punk show at an indoor venue. It will be wall to wall people and I can almost guarantee that no masks will be worn. All people attending must either show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test taken within 24 hrs, but we all know that won't help much. I guess that I am putting myself at risk, but I am healthy and I'm at the point that I'm ready for some normalcy.

Since it's respiratory, showers are a good idea. I'm a lifelong asthmatic, and a hot hot shower is a good weapon to get some relief with. Humidifiers versus 324 fishtanks? Guess it would take too long to set up the tanks...

Take care.

Try to eat as best you can, I know you might not feel like it but it will help you keep up your strength. Especially if you can't taste or smell, I know eating is pretty...bland. Your body will still use the nutrients regardless.

Hope you feel better soon.

But yes feel better soon OP,

Iā€™m one of the lucky ones that hasnā€™t had covid yet and I hope I never do for my wifeā€™s sake,
But I wish you a speedy recovery :)

Life is short and we must look after ourselves, please take care. Covid is taking away too many precious lives. Please look after yourselves. I work with the elderly and disabled and have lost six friends in the last six months. Please be careful out there.

COVID is an invisible, vicious and insidious virus.....like many, I have also lost too many friends and neighbours (one neighbour who died had the fish that I ended up rescuing from being flushed)

OP....take things easy, do not rush to get back to normal even if you start feeling better, still take it slow and steady....chin up, fight it, keep safe :)

....and a tot of warm milk with brandy works wonders on the growly throat ;)

COVID is an invisible, vicious and insidious virus.....like many, I have also lost too many friends and neighbours (one neighbour who died had the fish that I ended up rescuing from being flushed)

OP....take things easy, do not rush to get back to normal even if you start feeling better, still take it slow and steady....chin up, fight it, keep safe :)

....and a tot of warm milk with brandy works wonders on the growly throat ;)
I'm a whiskey and milk guy. My grandfather use to have a whiskey and milk every night before bed he lived to 102

I'm a whiskey and milk guy. My grandfather use to have a whiskey and milk every night before bed he lived to 102
I find whiskey can be a tad harsh with milk, so prefer brandy since its smoother....your grandad lived to a grand age :)

Warm milk with a dash of alcohol really helps with getting to sleep...and sleep is what the body demands when not feeling great, its probably more effective than the other staple of chicken soup in its beneficial feelings.

I find whiskey can be a tad harsh with milk, so prefer brandy since its smoother....your grandad lived to a grand age :)

Warm milk with a dash of alcohol really helps with getting to sleep...and sleep is what the body demands when not feeling great, its probably more effective than the other staple of chicken soup in its beneficial feelings.
I can remember years ago; I had the flu. My land lady said to me to go to bed. She brought me a bottle of whiskey as I lay there feeling sorry for myself. She said have a couple of these and in the morning you will be fine. Never a truer word spoken.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back