Come follow my experience with COVID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I Like Rare Fish

Fish Herder
2x Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
This is basically for my mental health, but thought it would be fun to make a journal about this.

Day#1 (5/8/22)

I start to notice that I have a soar throat, and my tonsils are massive and pale. I recently went on a trip to Washington DC, so I might’ve picked something up their. I wore a mask every single day in public areas…only 1-2 other kids did that. However, I am the one most prone to flu’s and sicknesses. If their is a flue going around, I have it. I think nothing of it - maybe just extreme side affects of my sleep schedule?? (Sounds stupid now but that’s what I thought)

Day #2 (5/9/22)

Not doing great today. My throat is absolutely filled with mucous. I take a test around Noon and I have COVID. Without a doubt. My nose isn’t stuffy, and boy did I take that for granted.

Day #3 (5/10/22 - My birthday)

Just my luck I have Covid on my birthday. I got around 2 hours of sleep yesterday night, and while I’m writing this, I’ve added an extra hour and a half. I couldn’t fall asleep because every time I coughed my chest would hurt so bad. A 9/10 hurt. And I’ve been stung by a stingray - this is much worse. I now have mucous all throughout my sinuses and nose…I hate blowing my nose now…it hurts. The day is not over, but unfortunately I have to quarantine from my family for the next few days - including my birthday. Oh- I am also bedridden. I have headaches, and my ears are really sensitive to loud noises for whatever reason.

No bueno. Rest up and you'll get better. Glad to hear that you're keeping it to yourself.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!!

The latest variants ripped through my family in the past few weeks. Some people got a rough version that knocked them out for a week or more - others got really mild, sore throat versions. The randomness of evolution is on our side at this point, with the way the virus is mutating. It's not like that initial version.
Hope you get over whatever making you sick.
It doesn't last, and you'll be fine. You're being responsible by quarantining, even if it's hard with COVID on your birthday. It's the mature thing to do. Don't listen to the silly stuff. A lot of people just want to wish it away. I'll bet you do too, but you'll overcome it instead. Take care.

Just wondering : Have you been vaccinated?
I have. Most of my friends are as well. My parents and relatives are. Just dumb luck that I happened to get Covid. Such a small percent chance - with the vaccination, mask, and caution throughout the trip, I can’t believe I am the only one to get Covid.

Another sensible person. Just think how bad this could have been if you weren't vaccinated. I just hope that long covid doesn't affect you.
I can’t even get out of bed. By now I might’ve been in the hospital. I am only a teen, and if I were older, I might’ve been on a ventilator, or dying.

Let's keep the conversation here civil and on-track, please.

No need for personal attacks. If they continue, points will be assessed.

Let's keep the conversation here civil and on-track, please.

No need for personal attacks. If they continue, points will be assessed.
Was I personally attacking anyone here? If so please tell me and i will make that right. That was not my intention at all

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back