Cold Pasta / Pasta Salad

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Teri

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone got any tips oncooking pasta so that when its cold,it doesnt go all sticky and lumpy? My littlun likes taking cold pasta in her lunch box, with cucumber cheese and carrots (so maybe u could call it a salad, but only in the most basic sense!), and she usually ends up a huge congealed lump of pasta, totally unrecognisable to the shapes its supposed to be!
Any ideas happily received!

Mix the pasta with a little salad dressing afterwards. A light oil and vinegar mix should keep the pasta from sticking. Personally, I love ranch dressing or a bit of alfredo sauce with cold pasta. Or you can just add a little mayo or mayo and mustard combo with some of your own herbs (dill, marjarom, etc.)... that's basically like making your own dressing. I sometimes do a simple honey mustard dressing by mixing mustard, honey, a little vinegar, and a small amount of water. The amount of water depends on how thick or thin you want it, but it doesn't take much water to thin it... so I only add a few drops if anything. Just mix the ingredients to taste.

yeah just mix it up with a tiny bit of olive oil after cooking which will stop it sticking

can take it as far as you like with making dressings etc though

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back