Cold Cathode Moon Light

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:cool: great idea! im doing it to my tank as we speak.. i was also thinking EL wire might look cool if it where strung in the watter since it can ezly be seald water tight ..... i wonder what els i can rip out of my comuter and throw in my tank!

im using an old AT powersuply (they have an on off switch) and i did find other things to throw in the mess.. one blue coldcathode, 2 120mm fans (for cooling the clampon lights i use) and a coldcathode that lights up like lightning in 3 colors... my fish are gonna be mad at me :p

Will these lights produce algae, if you run the regular lights for 10 hours?

I use a blue tint transparent film I bought at Micheals Art Supplies.
about $3.00 a for roll, much more than I needed.

Cut a peice the lenght of my lights and placed them under my floreunce bulbs,
I pulled the film half way across the bulb cover for a brighter look.
Can be taped underneath the cover also as with my 29 gal tank.
With my blue gravel its looks great. No pic of my tanks yet, soon tho.

Moon lights would be nice.

hi guys,

i too use ebuyer loads and bought some cathodes for my gf's tank but used an old computer's power supply unit in a box to run them!

how would one set it up to work with a mains adaptor instead?

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend ;) ;)

Cheers for this helpful piece of info mate :D

im still not sure how to wire this :huh:

i've got two cold cathodes from ebuyer, and ive just gone and bought a 'AC/DC 3-12V 300mA universal mains adaptor which has a range of connectors on the end.

how do i connect it to the black and the yellow cables at the same time?

i've taken the cables out of the plastic molex computer connectors they were in.

thanks for any help :)

ok.. here is the 'bodge' method i've used.

This lets me use the adapter again...

upclip the metal contacts from the PC power connector...

and do this...

Img_6108.jpg

and then tape it all up.

Img_6107.jpg

Man I think that I will do this to my Discus breeding tanks so that it won't be such a shock to the fish when I turn out the lights.

:D :D
Daveo

i'll get some up in about an hour.

my camera's not the best ever, but you can still see how you can get some cheap lighting for only £10 :D

Got my cathodes this morning, using the transformer off a rechargable drill atm but a universal adaptor is on the way, well chuffed, this is at 12v with blue cathodes, uv dont seen to illuminate the tank at all.

P1020617.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back