Cold Cathode Moon Light

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
yep 12".. I've got 5 in the boot of my car to show off the stereo at shows etc :D

I think you can get 4" ones too.

not to hijack the thread, but how bright are the 12's in the footwells? I want it to be dim enough that I can have them on and drive without being blinded, but not so dim that you don't notice them enough (and also dim enough that I won't get pulled over if I had them on since its probabyl illegal) ;)

I know they make 4 inch tubes, so I am thinking about using those and using a dual inverter to power them, so if I crave more light I can either add another tube which could give me better surface coverage, or even just buy a single longer bulb.

These would look great showing off a stereo. I have seen pics but never in real life but it still looks awsome.

In my bros' mini he just gets a nice blue glow, I'm not aware if he has altered the current or not though.

UV light works quite well in tanks :)
Gives the fish and plants a nice glow, makes quite a good night light if you have irredescent (sp?) fish too.

I am thinking about getting one but I dont know which to get the uv or blue.

Also could I use these all the time not just at night seen as my lamp in my new tank is broken.

Even cheaper cold cathode kits from Ebuyer... 2 x 12" under a fiver... HERE

Can't grumble...

Gonna have to do this then I can watch my plecs at night :kana:

Chris

I really should read all the posts before replying... sorry :dunno:

i've never got on too well with ebuyer - but it dosn't stop me using them as their prices are good.

Bought loads of stuff from ebuyer... pretty much everything PC wise and never had any problems whatsoever. And of course, they are pretty hard to beat on price.

Might go for a pair of 4" blue and a pair of 4" UV.... what do you think? As long as I can my plecs... I'll be :)

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the UV setup.

Chris

First sorry about the cloudy water, i cahnged to sand the other day and it's still settling.

Normal Light:
Cimg1187.jpg

Blue light (2 x 12" tubes running off 12v)
Cimg1188.jpg

I tried to take a picture of the UV lights but my digital camera doesn't seem to pick it up at all. It gives a very dim glow to the sand which reflects onto the plants, etc. to give enough light to see the fish by. I would definitely recommend these :D

drop the voltage to 6v on the adapter - otherwise your fish will stay awake - mine did

Having read this one I ripped my blue cold cathode out of my PC and put it in my tank. Its even got a dimmer (note: dont know if this kills the little inverter, mines still ok after one year).

Superb! I can highly recommend a standard cold cathode run at about 6v.

Thanks

Note: its not submerged! just in the hood :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back