Co2

fry_lover

Fred and the Fredettes
Reaction score
I have a 48x15x17 fully planted community tank, i tend just to stick to plants that i know do well in my tank, thats Onion Plant, Java Fern, Riccia, Moss Balls and Anubias.

But i want to upgrade to a 4x2x2 and really "go for it" on the planted front, my tap water is about 7.8 and very hard (last time i checked i think about 20 GH and 14 KH) and i cant even grow stuff like Vallis and Amazon Sword (despite some use of Seachem Ferts) and i do use x3 tubes and reflectors.

Therefore, i want to expand the type of plants i can keep and also get a more "green" feel for my tank, even my Java Fern isn't that impressive really, going a bit brown here and there.

I want to do this as "cheap" but effectively as possible, and have ZERO experience with adding co2.

Does anyone recommend any particular system?

How much will it liklely cost me to maintain for a 4x2x2

Cheers

PS - i am in the UK

Yeast-based CO2 would be possible but very high maintenance to maintain good, stable CO2 levels in your size tank.

Personally I'd wait a while until you can afford a pressurized system.

You can get one "cheap" by using a 2Kg fire extinguisher (around £30), a CO2 reg (around £50), CO2 hose and non-return valve (£10), and glass diffuser (£10+). Total cost approx. £110.

Not much more expensive than 4x Nutrafin kits, which is what you'd probably need if you went that route, like you mention in the PM.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back