Clown Loaches

Debo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Fish Friend

Group: Members
Member No.: 2098

Hi,
I added salt to my 60 gallon hex tank last night after reading a post about white microscopic dots in the tank. I have had these for a few weeks and wasn't sure what they were. I added 12 tablespoons of salt to the tank. My question is that I now just read that it is not ok to add salt to a tank with clown loaches. My clown loach seems to be doing ok though. Should I do a water change to reduce the salinity or just leave it be? He is actually having a blast in this big tank. I had gotten 2 of them a month ago and out them in a 15 gallon vertical tank. One of them died and I moved him/her to the BIG tank yesterday, before I realized what those white dots were. All my water levels are perfect. Anyways, he is having soooooooooooo much fun in this new big tank. He is best buddies with my red tail shark. They are so cute together. The shark never let anyone near his 3 tier castle. He has let the loach share it with him and last night they were both laying together in one of the doors TOGETHER. So, I think hes ok but I am worried about the salt. What do you guys think?

DEBO, I have salt in all my tanks BUT also have CRUSHED CORAL mixed in w/ the gravel, this makes them a brakish water tank. I also have a REDTAIL an he's 6" an is fat an healthy. so I never had a problem w/ICK, or an outher kind of infections, :no: even on the big irridesent sharks with there (smooth skin) which would be the same as clown loachs, the salt seem to KEEP all infections away. at least for me. :nod:
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN" 8)

Most reactions

Back