Clown Kife OK with Cichlids?

jmann

Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting a clown knife in with my Oscars and convicts. Their are two 6" oscars and a pair of convicts in a 75 g. I will be moving them into something bigger in the next year. I saw a real nice clown knife a few days ago and wanted to know if I can put him in with the others. He is about the same length as the oscars.

as juan stated clown knifes do reach lengths of 40", needing a 300 gallon tank to themselves. they are carnivorous and intolerant of their own species. juvenile clowns are commonly mistaken for royal knifes. the only problem that you may encounter with the clown in with the oscars is that they are noncompetitive for food and the oscars may starve them. they are not suitable with the more aggressive cichlids such as the trimac, managuense or dovii.

maggie

I might rethink the whole thing. I didn't know that clown knifes got that big. I've just seen them over the years and thought they were a cool fish and I like the way they look. I wouldn't be able to house one right now. Maybe some time down the line I'd be able to get one.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back