Clown Fish Erratic Swimming

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

You really need an internal bacteria med. But seen as most of the uk meds don't always mention ingredients it's hard to say which one.

The only internal bacteria med I know of is internal bacteria med by interpet. It's not that good.
Some uk bacterial meds are only good on external bacterial infections.

There a med called furanol 2 by jbl. But it wipes the beneifical bacteria out in the filter.

I got Interpet no9 (only med i could get) I put it in about 6 hours ago. Ive been out and when i got back both clowns were out of hiding and eating even when i was by the tank which they havent done since the new tank surely this is not the med it cant work that fast.

Do you think it would be worth treating with the sera when it arrives just to be sure

Thanks

After the good news last night i got up this morning to find my firemouth cychlid dead. He seems to have one whitish dot between his eyes do you think tyhis maybe something to do with the meds or something else he had shown no signs of illness until this although i havent seen him eat much

thanks yet again

P.s clowns still looking a bit grey but they are both out and eating

Bless Him.
R.I.P.

How big was the white dot. Did it have any redness to it.

spot was about 2mm no redness. Ive seen whitespot before and it didnt look like this did.

Ok.
Let us know how the rest of the fish get on.
Good Luck.

will do fingers crossed

Thanks everyone for the advice very much appreciated

Bit of an update

I have treated the tank with interpet no9 second dose yesterday.

Clowns seem a lot better now but still some of the tetras seem a bit lethargic but no more deaths since meds went in.

One of my lemon tetras has become very bloated seems more on one side right to the point that it is starting to bend his spine.

Another tetra has developed dark patches. Could this be a reaction to the meds

I have now got the sera nematol but as of yet have not used it do you think it would be worth using to ensure worms are not a problem.

I would worm your fish as to many health problems are flaring up.

If it's not internal parasites you could be dealing with fish tb.

Get you a link so you know what to keep a look out for.

Can you list all the symtoms the fish have shown.

http://www.torrens.org.uk/NatHist/Aqua/disease/tb.html

Thanks Wilder

Symptoms are as follows
Listless/Lethargic
Some fish not eating (mainly clown but he seems fine now so maybe just stress of tank move)
Bloated belly
Weight loss on some fish
Dropsy (only on one tetra)
Dark patches on sides of fish (will try to get pic when i get home)
suspect worm like 'thing' or white stringy poo (stayed attached to fish for over 24hrs)
Unexpected/unexplained deaths

I will worm the fish asap. Can i do this with the anti bact med (interpet no9) or do i need to do water cahnge and use carbon

I really hope its not TB but symptoms are quite close to what my fish are experiencing.

Regards

Grass

I can't add any advice but I wanted to say that you are doing the best you can, big hugs from me xx

Managed to get a pic of the tetra with the black marks

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7858/fish004.jpg

They look pretty healthy in the pics.

Black smudges and patches can mean, ammonia burns that are healing, fighting wounds, cancer, fish tb, etc.

I wouldn't use the anti internal bacteria med with the sera med, if it says not to use other medications with the sera med.
You will have to back up with the bacterial med after the sera meds been removed.

Let me know how you get on.
Good Luck.

The black blotches have came on over the past couple of weeks but only seem to be on these 2 tetras i have had no problems with Ammonia so i can count thyat out but Fish TB is worrying.

I lost another neon yesterday which up until it died looked fine. But rest of fish seem quite happy

I did the second dose of the Bact med on Sat just gone do i need to wait a few more days before i use the nematol or do i do a WC

I will use the nematol and then re do the bact med just to be sure

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back