Cloudy Water

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lockhaart

Reaction score
Hi again all

I seem to be having some kind of water problems, I'm not sure if it's because of the filter though. I've never had any problems with my water, it's all been plain sailing, but at the beginning of the week it went cloudy. I checked the filter the day before yesterday and it had stopped, but it had been working that morning so I don't know if it had been going on and off, but its not done it since. The fish seem happy and fine tbh, they don't seem to be unhappy. I haven't done anything different to the tank, except move 3 of my baby guppies out of their floating tank but that wouldn't cause anything

any ideas? I'm stuck totally lol

ayone used sprays or plug in air freshners, scented candles near the tank?

my tank went cloudy..turned out it was diatoms, rather than milky water it was loads of tiny "dust" particles

maybe have a WC, have you tested the water?

ayone used sprays or plug in air freshners, scented candles near the tank?

my tank went cloudy..turned out it was diatoms, rather than milky water it was loads of tiny "dust" particles

maybe have a WC, have you tested the water?

No nothing like that :-/ every so often there are white bits floating around, like specs, but the rest is full cloudy

I changed it ten days ago so it's realively clean water, i may do a quarter change see if it helps. I havent tested it just because I didnt know which test to actually do, whether it'd be ph problem or nitrate etc, and only kit i have is years old so before I went out to buy a whole new thing i wanted to make sure there were no ideas anyone had

When anything unusual happens in a tank, the first things to check are ammonia and nitrite especially if there have been problems with the filter. Those are the two that can harm the fish. If they both come up as zero, then check pH, nitrate etc.

id check for ammonia and nitrite they are the most harmful.(as essjay said :good:)....did you say you had a water change 10 days ago?? ts best to have a 25-30% waterchange weekly...just keeps your nitrates down, and removes uneaten food and poop! if its not removed you could get ammonia spikes..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back