Cloudy Water

Though I agree that you should do a fishless cycle, I did a Fish-in cycle using 4 Neon tetras. I had them already for 2 weeks in a little 2 gallon tank, but I needed more space! And I thought it would be better for them to cycle a 20 gallon tank with 0.25 PPM ammonia, rather than live in a 2 gallon tank that measured so green on the scale, I think it was beyond the max that the kit tested to :(

If you cannot return the fish, just make sure to monitor your ammonia levels VERY closely. If your ammonia registers on your test kit, do a partial water change. It is bad to have any ammonia in the water, but you also need that ammonia to form beneficial bacteria. after a week or 2, check Nitrites as well, and change some water out whenever you detect nitrite. It REALLY helps if you can get some rocks or filter media from someone elses tank!! My tank cycled in 3 weeks using the old filter media from my little 2 gallon tank. :) Good Luck! :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top