Cloudy Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My tank is rather cloudy, an off-white cloud to be specific. It is a 45-gallon tank with a Tetra Whisper 60 IQ. The readings are just as they should be, straight 0s and a PH of 7.4 at 80 degrees. I am using rocks and driftwood I found at a local park. Could it be those releasing something? Could it be harmful to my fish? The fish are acting completely normal. Some of my plants are struggling but they are newer plants so I think they just haven't adjusted yet, the old plants are doing fine. It doesn't look too cloudy in the picture but it is extremely noticeable in person.
PXL_20210322_135436921.jpg

Could it be due to a bacteria bloom? This happened when I first set up my 170L... When did you notice that it was cloudy? Mine went like this within maybe a day, and went away after two or three days more.

I was going to say bacteria bloom as well. Is it a new setup?

Could it be due to a bacteria bloom? This happened when I first set up my 170L... When did you notice that it was cloudy? Mine went like this within maybe a day, and went away after two or three days more.
I was going to say bacteria bloom as well. Is it a new setup?
From my reading that seems likely, could it harm my fish?

Started in early December with the plants, rocks, driftwood, and substrate, added fish around the end of January, so not a new tank but not that old.

It has been cloudy for 10 days now and I did a water change 7 days ago.

From my reading that seems likely, could it harm my fish?

Started in early December with the plants, rocks, driftwood, and substrate, added fish around the end of January, so not a new tank but not that old.

It has been cloudy for 10 days now and I did a water change 7 days ago.
Hm, usually bacterial blooms go away after around that point. A little odd, not sure then. Sorry about that!

I forgot to mention but those small black rocks in the middle are about 2 weeks old in my tank, not sure if they might be doing it but they are the newest addition to my tank.

It’s possible it’s a bacteria boom.

Perform daily water changes and substrate vacuums. Make sure to remove any uneaten food as well.

Hello,

Using rocks and driftwood found at a local park is not a good idea. Did you boil them ? Did you check limestone ?
Bacteria bloom is certainly caused by these roots. 20% water change is a good idea if 3 days apart.
What are your fishes precisely ?
To me your tank is not enough planted.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back