Cloudy Glass...

packard60053

New Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Points
0
We had a bacterial bloom, it's all sorted. I don't have a test kit for ammonia but I have put some in, and there's no foam on the top of the water (a sign of ammonia I heard). Anyway, the water isn't the problem. I've got the water crystal clear with daily 20% water changes. Levels are fine, as are the fish. The problem is, it seems the glass is making the water look cloudy! I don't live in a hard water area, so I doubt it's that, as there's no clear sign it is the glass. But like I say the water is fine, I've taken many glassfulls to check.

Any ideas would be greatly welcome.
 
We had a bacterial bloom, it's all sorted. I don't have a test kit for ammonia but I have put some in, and there's no foam on the top of the water (a sign of ammonia I heard). Anyway, the water isn't the problem. I've got the water crystal clear with daily 20% water changes. Levels are fine, as are the fish. The problem is, it seems the glass is making the water look cloudy! I don't live in a hard water area, so I doubt it's that, as there's no clear sign it is the glass. But like I say the water is fine, I've taken many glassfulls to check.

Any ideas would be greatly welcome.

Hey i get it in my tank when i add a filtration booster, its a build up of the biofilm on the glass/acryllic of the tank. I would get an algae scaper which is what i use (or one of those green scouring pads) that hasnt had anything on it, and just clean the inside of the edges that you look through, i leave the sides and back and just do the front but it is all personal preferance really :)
Jorel
 
We had a bacterial bloom, it's all sorted. I don't have a test kit for ammonia but I have put some in, and there's no foam on the top of the water (a sign of ammonia I heard). Anyway, the water isn't the problem. I've got the water crystal clear with daily 20% water changes. Levels are fine, as are the fish. The problem is, it seems the glass is making the water look cloudy! I don't live in a hard water area, so I doubt it's that, as there's no clear sign it is the glass. But like I say the water is fine, I've taken many glassfulls to check.

Any ideas would be greatly welcome.

Hey i get it in my tank when i add a filtration booster, its a build up of the biofilm on the glass/acryllic of the tank. I would get an algae scaper which is what i use (or one of those green scouring pads) that hasnt had anything on it, and just clean the inside of the edges that you look through, i leave the sides and back and just do the front but it is all personal preferance really :)
Jorel

Well I know it's the glass cause I tried the algae scraper and it just left marks. I heard a credit card is good (obviously one not being used!)
 
Algae magnet, works an absolute trickm and no getting your hands in the tank neither :good:
 
It looks like it's just the back pain of glass which is odd. Anyway, I've tried using the algae magnet, even tried wiping it down with kitchen roll, no luck?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top