Closed

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

how heavily planted is the 30gal? if there are plenty of places to hide, i'd just leave them be in the 30 gal. its such a hassle to deal with breeder nets and making certain that food doesn't rot on the bottom and the surface doesn't scum over, etc, etc... besides, you can just move mommy fish out as soon as your certain that she's done giving birth.

pica_nuttalli said:
how heavily planted is the 30gal? if there are plenty of places to hide, i'd just leave them be in the 30 gal. its such a hassle to deal with breeder nets and making certain that food doesn't rot on the bottom and the surface doesn't scum over, etc, etc... besides, you can just move mommy fish out as soon as your certain that she's done giving birth.
Yea I put them in the breeder net for now. I am not sure if she is done or not. She looks skinnier but still kind of chubby so I don't know. :dunno: I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow or so before I move her. It isn't THAT planted. It has some fake grass on the bottom, a tree cave thing with some plants on it, a small floating plant, a large sword plant and a plastic tall plant in the other corner. :dunno:

I just checked in the breeding net and all of the new fry were gone and there were 5-6 1 inch fry in the net. :rolleyes: Guess they got out or something. :dunno: I am just going to let them grow in the main tank. I will be taking the mom out tonight or tomorrow morning.

My female blue ram died today. I only had her less than a week. :no: All water params are ideal. There are these little white things on the glass though...They are in my 10 gallon with my goldfish as well. I don't know what they are. :dunno:

Hey Rachel,

I'm really sorry to hear about everything that went on ... mostly that you've been treated so badly by someone you've loved and trusted for 2 years, but also by the fact the innocent fish had to pay for it with her/his life.

about the little white things on the window of the tanks, they're probably planaria. Planarian worms are tiny, about 2mm when stretched out white worms that are always in someones tank. They however only show up when overfeeding. They're harmless to your fish, but will eat/nibble eggs you might have. Try not feeding for a couple of days and then feeding less than you're used to ... they should be gone within a week or so.

Good luck with everything hon, only you know what to do in the situation :)

Erised said:
Hey Rachel,

I'm really sorry to hear about everything that went on ... mostly that you've been treated so badly by someone you've loved and trusted for 2 years, but also by the fact the innocent fish had to pay for it with her/his life.

about the little white things on the window of the tanks, they're probably planaria. Planarian worms are tiny, about 2mm when stretched out white worms that are always in someones tank. They however only show up when overfeeding. They're harmless to your fish, but will eat/nibble eggs you might have. Try not feeding for a couple of days and then feeding less than you're used to ... they should be gone within a week or so.

Good luck with everything hon, only you know what to do in the situation :)
Oh really? That might explain it since some of my family have been overfeeding my 120 gallon. :nod: And I have been overfeeding the goldy since he is too dumb to find the food that sinks to the bottom. :rolleyes: And I wanted to make sure he ate and kept healthy. Okay will not feed for a day or two and see how things go. :thumbs: Thanks a lot!

Hey you!
Sorry to hear about your little casualties :(

For the white stuff on the sides of the tank - keep an eye on it... it could be bacteria growing like mad in there.

Hang in there - I'm super glad that you said you're going to get dressed up and go to night class. You go girl!

And, as someone already said - we're all here ALL of the time so we're here for you! :wub:

Raechal said:
he is the kind of guy that would kill all of my fish if I EVER touched his "prized possessions" He is a magician and has a signed newspaper with him in it by david copperfield...I want to burn it so bad. :/
Burn it and dont let the swine back, my wife cant stand my fish but she still gets concerned if one of them is ill or looks a bit on the funny side (like swimming round in circles!)

Well I forgot about going to nightschool tonight and I decided to just rearrange my room and clean everything. Sam came over and cleaned out all of his stuff and he told me that he loved me and he would talk to me later tonight about what he did.

I don't exactly know what that means but I hope it is close to an apology. :lol: :wub:

Anyways I am like the opposite of all dressed up! I am soaking wet with fish water. :p Stirring some aquarium salt in a cup to pour into my goldie's tank. :thumbs: Then I have to add the ick meds as well. *sigh* Sometimes fish are so much work! :p But, I love them and wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I moved Toggle (my goldy) into my room so I can treat him and keep an eye on him 24/7 then when he gets better he will probably be moved into the 29 gallon all to his own. :D

Raechal said:
Well I forgot about going to nightschool tonight and I decided to just rearrange my room and clean everything. Sam came over and cleaned out all of his stuff and he told me that he loved me and he would talk to me later tonight about what he did.

I don't exactly know what that means but I hope it is close to an apology. :lol: :wub:

Anyways I am like the opposite of all dressed up! I am soaking wet with fish water. :p Stirring some aquarium salt in a cup to pour into my goldie's tank. :thumbs: Then I have to add the ick meds as well. *sigh* Sometimes fish are so much work! :p But, I love them and wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I moved Toggle (my goldy) into my room so I can treat him and keep an eye on him 24/7 then when he gets better he will probably be moved into the 29 gallon all to his own. :D
Darlin', if he cleared out his stuff and said he loves you but you'll talk about it later, I doubt it's an apology. :no:
Because that's what I did when I had to break up with my ex. Got all his stuff together, took all my stuff back from his place, and then said that I loved him but I had to run to class and we'd talk later.

Talking later resulted in a breakup.

Good luck with Toggle, and I'm really sorry to hear about your swordy.. :-( :byebye: I just came home to find your message about it on AIM, and I'm so sorry I wasn't here.. tank shopping, remember? :thumbs: I'm on for the rest of the night now, if you do come back.

BigFishSmallPond said:
Truth. If you forgive him that will just let him know how easy it is to get away with abusing you. Now I must stop reading this thread cuz it makes me wanna go smash the first dude i see lookin at his woman wrong.

-ak
That's so true. I've seen it so many times, someone does the same thing over and over again, but they say sorry, so it's all ok. Well, it's not all ok. They know they can get away with it, and will continue to do so, and will push it and do more and more.

He knows you love fish, how could he not? The fact he's willing to do this shows he has no respect for you.

And being single is much better than being with someone like that.
Yeah, he's young, so what? Whatever his problem is, it's HIS problem, not yours, not for you to deal with. Being a first love is no reason to stay with someone.
He's shown you his true colours, take warning.

If someone hurts you once, it's their fault, if they hurt you again, it's yours.

littlefishie said:
Raechal said:

Darlin', if he cleared out his stuff and said he loves you but you'll talk about it later, I doubt it's an apology. :no:
Because that's what I did when I had to break up with my ex. Got all his stuff together, took all my stuff back from his place, and then said that I loved him but I had to run to class and we'd talk later.

Talking later resulted in a breakup.

Good luck with Toggle, and I'm really sorry to hear about your swordy.. :-( :byebye: I just came home to find your message about it on AIM, and I'm so sorry I wasn't here.. tank shopping, remember? :thumbs: I'm on for the rest of the night now, if you do come back.
Well the thing is, he was going to move anyway because he just got his own apartment like last week. So even if we didn't get in a fight he still would have had to move all of his stuff from my house to his house.

I did apologize for one thing, hitting him in the face. Because I had no right to physically abuse him for something he did wrong. We are probably going to see each other tomorrow briefly so we can talk. We are still together as of now, but taking a long break so we can just figure out who we are separately before we can actually figure each other out, ya know? We also plan to go talk to a psychologist (sp?) or whatever this weekend so we can get some counceling and stuff. And if THAT doesn't work, it's over.

I just don't want to throw away 2 years of my life over an argument ya know? Anyways well I am going to go to bed now. :D

Raechal said:
We also plan to go talk to a psychologist (sp?) or whatever this weekend so we can get some counceling and stuff. And if THAT doesn't work, it's over.

I just don't want to throw away 2 years of my life over an argument ya know? Anyways well I am going to go to bed now.
What's sad is that you're only 17 and you've ONLY been together for 2 years and you already think you need relationship counseling. It's not worth it. You'll find someone better even if you don't try. 2 years isn't a long time if you compare it to how long it's going to be when you're married for a while. If he hurts something as small and defenseless as a fish then he's not worth it. My boyfriend always says that he'll hit my cats if they hurt me but he will never do it. He'll never do it if he's mad either and if he does then that's his a** out the door and he knows it. My animals are so much more important than some guy could ever be.
He knows how precious does fishes are to you and that's why he did that. He knows what's going to hurt you the most and don't be so sure he won't do it again. Good luck though.

claudia

I think we all have made good points!!! But I truly think that we have KICKED THE [/B]HORSE here, The guy is a creep for whatever reason!!!

:D Rach . Go out buy yourself a new fish maybe a new ram and try to smile your future is in no way as gloomy as the other day!!! :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back