Closed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would have called the cops on him or something but I have been with him for 2 years and still love him. :/ :-(

Maybe turn off the lights on the tank to help them de-stress and add some stress coat if you have any. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the poor little pineapple girl.

I don't want to say what I'd do my boyfriend if he ever intentionally hurt one of my swordies. Anyone who would treat a defenseless and innocent animal that way is scum and doesn't deserve to be in your life.

Keep us posted on the poor little girl!

Polardbear said:
Maybe turn off the lights on the tank to help them de-stress and add some stress coat if you have any. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the poor little pineapple girl.

I don't want to say what I'd do my boyfriend if he ever intentionally hurt one of my swordies. Anyone who would treat a defenseless and innocent animal that way is scum and doesn't deserve to be in your life.

Keep us posted on the poor little girl!
She is in one corner of the tank now. About 2 hours ago when it happened, she was right in the middle of the tank so I guess she swam to the planted corner. I turned the lights out on her side of the tank and will add some stress coat right now. :thumbs:

I literally attacked him when he did it. I punched him in his face and left scratch marks all over his neck and face. I just felt so bad I didn't know what to do. I was SO angry and emotional. :no: How could someone injure an animal like that? Especially an animal that has NO way of defending itself? It's just sad and gets me very angry. I don't know if I will be able to even forgive him at all....Maybe if he sincerely apologizes I will consider but I just don't know...

just explain to him you don't want him to buy fish for you anymore. He obviously is trying to be nice but he just doesn't have a clue...

Don't send him off to pet stores for you either, that way, your fish will be your business.

I wouldn't ask a fish-illiterate friend to get something for me from the pet store. I don't mind if it's someone that knows about fish though. Salespeople always try to sell useless stuff and I don't want to be stuck with it...

yvez9 said:
just explain to him you don't want him to buy fish for you anymore. He obviously is trying to be nice but he just doesn't have a clue...

Don't send him off to pet stores for you either, that way, your fish will be your business.

I wouldn't ask a fish-illiterate friend to get something for me from the pet store. I don't mind if it's someone that knows about fish though. Salespeople always try to sell useless stuff and I don't want to be stuck with it...
Well the thing is...he does know which fish I wanted and I specifically told him to just get one or two and nothing else. Unless they had clown loaches he could get 2 more of them as well. But instead he picks what he wants and totally ignores me. :/ I know I shouldn't have trusted him picking out the fish and I could understand if he mixed up the tetras with the swordies or platies but buying the silver tipped shark catfish was just not acceptable.

I am going to call up Petsmart tomorrow when they open and complain to the manager that the employment told my boyfriend they would only get around 10 inches and would be fine in our 120 gallon with the smaller fish. Boy are they going to hear it from me tomorrow. They better refund my money as well. :angry:

littlefishie said:
Don't let him buy fish or go to the pet store.

And tell him you're very angry with him for tossing the fish into the street -- try to explain to him the seriousness of what he's done.
I did tell him how much it hurt me and what a cruel thing he did and was in tears as well. He told me I was crazy and it was just a fish. :/ Then I started to explain to him that they are as much as a living creature as a dog or cat and then he started to curse me out and at that point I went and locked myself in my room and tended to the hurt fish. :-(

I'm sorry, but if he's old enough to be in a relationship than he's old enough to know what he did was wrong and she shouldn't have to explain it to him.

Polardbear said:
I'm sorry, but if he's old enough to be in a relationship than he's old enough to know what he did was wrong and she shouldn't have to explain it to him.
He is 19 and I am 17. We both should know what he did, but he doesn't act sad at all. So...I know this isn't going to make things better but that is why I threw all of his stuff outside hoping I would break some of his "treasured" things to let him know how it feels. But he is the kind of guy that would kill all of my fish if I EVER touched his "prized possessions" He is a magician and has a signed newspaper with him in it by david copperfield...I want to burn it so bad. :/

Raechal said:
littlefishie said:

And tell him you're very angry with him for tossing the fish into the street -- try to explain to him the seriousness of what he's done.
I did tell him how much it hurt me and what a cruel thing he did and was in tears as well. He told me I was crazy and it was just a fish. :/ Then I started to explain to him that they are as much as a living creature as a dog or cat and then he started to curse me out and at that point I went and locked myself in my room and tended to the hurt fish. :-(
And that's where you smack him and say 'If you can't even understand that you're hurting a fish, obviously you don't understand that you're hurting me.'

And the don't talk to him for a bit.

He's got serious issues. You're too young to be his therapist.

I hope the fish pull through.

littlefishie said:
Raechal said:
littlefishie said:

And that's where you smack him and say 'If you can't even understand that you're hurting a fish, obviously you don't understand that you're hurting me.'

And the don't talk to him for a bit.
Well I tried calling him a few hours ago to see if he was okay and he didn't answer so I am guessing he is "ignoring" my calls. Oh well, if he doesn't want to come back he doesn't have to. It will just be me and my fishies! :wub: :lol: ;)

Anyways I think I am going to get offline and tend to the poor little swordy. I will be back later though to report on her. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back