Cleaning Bogwood

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I have a huge piece of bogwood that I want to put in my plec tank. It is covered in algae on one side but its all dry and dusty. I have given it a rinse and scrub with a toothbrush but some of the algae is still there. Should I try to get the rest off before putting it in the tank?

There are no other fish in the tank but the plecs.
 
if it will fit and if you are "allowed" put it in the dishwasher on a hot wash with No detergent ( i got that tip from minxfishy- i would never do such a thing :whistle: ) or blast it with the jet wash- keep ur foot on it tho
other than that, take it into the garden with a hard scrubbing brush and a bowl of hot water and get to work, let it dry for a few hours then put it back in,
i have a lot on mine, i tried to get it all off, but to be honest my test results are good so its not effecting anything so gave up caring :D
 
Or a large bathful of very hot water, scrubbing brush and enjoy the mess.

Dishwasher, did I say that :lol: Sshhhh, everyone will think Im loopy :ninja: :S
 
Thanks everyone, just one teeny tiny problem with putting it in the dishwasher............



I dont have one :lol:

Bath and scrubbing brush then. Thanks
 
My relatives!!!!! you gotto be kidding :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top