Classified Section Format

Tolak

Gun Toting Lunatic
Reaction score
Most larger forums, and not just the ones involved with tropical fish, use this sort of format for their classified section. This is a forum upgrade that has been long overdue, and gives the forum a more polished & professional appearance. This will help to attract more polished & professional members, who would be an asset to all current members, and the forum as a whole.

Up to this point I have made a personal effort to post in topics that do not have the required form filled out, or where members are taking price negotiations to the pm system, not keeping them in the topic.

There is a reason for requiring that the monetary negotiations be posted on the board. In the past we have had problems with non-payment, things thought to be shipped but perhaps not, among other issues. When this is brought to the attention of the moderators, with a series of pm's that can often be cryptic, it is difficult, and at times near impossible for the moderators to sort out what has happened.

The moderators personally do not care what you are paying; we have all been at this for quite a while and understand how price fluctuations can go. This is an effort by the moderating team to make sure all transactions go smoothly; with an area that has all the information in an easy to sort out format in the event there is a problem.

Bottom line; the moderating team is covering your back by doing this. Should problems arise dealing with a transaction through the pm system there may be nothing we can do about it, even though we want to. We don't like to see this happen.

I think two weeks of the new section running is plenty of time for the members to acquaint themselves with any new forms, rules, sections, and so forth. The moderating team and I will continue to post reminders in topics that don't meet the rules set. After another week's grace period expect topics that have not been corrected within 24 hours after having been reminded to do so to be removed.

As always, suggestions & ideas are welcome, we have helped members to work their way through some of the perceived problems in the past week. We will continue to do so, and modify this section if need be.

Most reactions

Back