CLAMPED BETTA FINS, LETHARGIC AND WHITE POOP PLZ ANY ADVICE IS HELPFUL

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No worries, it was good information for anyone reading the thread! I don't have a thread going, but here's a picture of what it looks like at the moment. I'm planning on swapping out the driftwood soon for a larger piece to fill the space better.

That's awesome! Me and my betta are huge fans of tannins. :)

View attachment 160502
Thats an amazing setup! Love the betta too!

Oh wow, so glad that he's perked up! See? The magic of fresh clean water :D

It doesn't mean that he doesn't have worms though... I'd keep a close eye on him, do some research on the signs and symptoms and see if he does more white stringy poops, or shows any other symptoms.

Fantastic that he's perked up and has an appetite though! That's a great sign. :D

A little update for anyone who is going through a similar situation like me. He's totally fine now! What I did was do partial water changes regularly and dosed medication. He's now going to a 10 gallon tank

A little update for anyone who is going through a similar situation like me. He's totally fine now! What I did was do partial water changes regularly and dosed medication. He's now going to a 10 gallon tank
Glad he's doing so much better! What medication did you use?

Glad he's doing so much better! What medication did you use?
I used paraguard! I tried to find ones with the ingredients you recommend but could not seem to find them anywhere or maybe I just didn't look hard enough! However, from the videos I watched and the reviews I heard, it seemed like the best option; but luckily, it seems it has worked.

I used paraguard! I tried to find ones with the ingredients you recommend but could not seem to find them anywhere or maybe I just didn't look hard enough! However, from the videos I watched and the reviews I heard, it seemed like the best option; but luckily, it seems it has worked.

I'm glad it appears to have worked!
Just be aware that Seachem Paraguard works on external parasites only - not internal round/flatworms, and white stringy poop usually means round or flatworms. So just keep an eye on him, worth researching the signs and symptoms of internal parasites and monitoring him a bit more closely for a while, you know? the increased water changes almost certainly helped as well. Very few things can't be improved with improved water quality. :) But I'm crossing fingers for you that it's all good now! Appreciate the update too, always good to hear a happy ending, and when people take the time to come back and let us know how things went. :)

I'm glad it appears to have worked!
Just be aware that Seachem Paraguard works on external parasites only - not internal round/flatworms, and white stringy poop usually means round or flatworms. So just keep an eye on him, worth researching the signs and symptoms of internal parasites and monitoring him a bit more closely for a while, you know? the increased water changes almost certainly helped as well. Very few things can't be improved with improved water quality. :) But I'm crossing fingers for you that it's all good now! Appreciate the update too, always good to hear a happy ending, and when people take the time to come back and let us know how things went. :)
Will do! Hope he will make a full recover!

Most reactions

trending

Back