Cichlids in small tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oscar

Reaction score
Hey i was thinkin bout sellin sum of my fish to a friend of mine. These fish include neons,guppys,platys just a few community fish. Ne if i did i would have 1 or 2 2ft 15g tanks? What cichlids could i put in there? I ve tried kribs but lookin for summthin else, any thoughts? I might breed the fish i do choose. Convicts would need a bigger tank, even if they were small right!? What about lemon cichlids, keyholes, brichards lamprologus. Just a few ideas.

hey oscar, what are your water perameters??

that'll go a long way to determining what you choose....

personally i have kribs, keyholes and thomasi cichlids, with the thomasi breeding like wildfire( roughly 50 or so 1cm fry thus far..)

i have lots of ideas...

:D

convicts would be a bad choice, imo. theyar e water bunnies. breed like crazy. unless you have something to do with the fry you will fill up all of your tanks with convicts. they do breed small though. could be bred in a 20. had mine in one at one time then got overrun with fry. now use them in the communtiy tank for live food. the fry, not the mating pairs.

maggie

Thats a good idea,might use convicts instead of buying guppies and shrimps when i get my 130g.

ohh soz id forgotten my ph is nuetrel but easily changed my temp is 26degrees C. The tank is bare only with gravel. Ill look into some comvicts i'd like a 1-2inch pair. I have another tank for fry so thats not a problam. I'll just add a cave and some wood.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back