Cichlids & Endlers

RedeyesUK

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
Hi all,

I've got a few endlers in a tank, and was planning to move the inevitable babies into a smaller growout tank until they were big enough to take back to the shop. All good, but now I've got a problem:

I bought a few malawi cichlids today for one of my other tanks, and it seems that we picked up a pregnant one! :hyper: So we moved her to the growout tank, and already (about 4 hours later) she's spat about 10 or so fry out. :good:

Now, the question is, would I be alright to put the endler fry in there with the cichlid fry (once the mother has gone back to the main tank, that is)? Obviously the adults would never mix, but I'm not too sure about the little'uns. The endler fry are on the larger side, the newborns will be staying in the main tank for the first couple of weeks.

TIA! :good:
 
Hi all,

I've got a few endlers in a tank, and was planning to move the inevitable babies into a smaller growout tank until they were big enough to take back to the shop. All good, but now I've got a problem:

I bought a few malawi cichlids today for one of my other tanks, and it seems that we picked up a pregnant one! :hyper: So we moved her to the growout tank, and already (about 4 hours later) she's spat about 10 or so fry out. :good:

Now, the question is, would I be alright to put the endler fry in there with the cichlid fry (once the mother has gone back to the main tank, that is)? Obviously the adults would never mix, but I'm not too sure about the little'uns. The endler fry are on the larger side, the newborns will be staying in the main tank for the first couple of weeks.

TIA! :good:

depends on how big the growout tank is. if its big enuf, u could get a divider and split the tank up, one side for the endler fry, one side for the cichlid fry.
 
it would be ok if the endler fry and cichlid fry were of same size, but as endlers are liveborn d imagine they would eat the cichlid fry, i know ive had newborn guppies 5mins in the world eat 3 day old angel fry
 

Most reactions

Back
Top