Cichlid got stuck in coral

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

squish fish

Reaction score
I check my tank everyday and found one of my cichlids got stuck in between the coral and the back glass. Has this every happened to you.

This fish was one of my original cichlids I first got. I think it was over 4 years old.

Hi,

Sorry, not answering the question 'has this happened to me' (it hasn't, I've never kept cichlids) but was it ok? I'm assuming you freed it, but I was wondering if it had any injuries. I've had something similar happen with a cory and a very chunky plant, but it was sick anyway and I suspect looking for somewhere to hide (and got stuck in the process).

Sorry if this is unhelpful/off topic :)
PPJ

Was it a plastic decorationā€¦ real coral pieces would be too sharp, and leach hardness into the water that wouldnā€™t be good for most cichlidsā€¦ are these rift lake/ African Cichlids???

I have had an Angel fish get trapped behind a resin log, but not ā€œstuckā€ between it and the glassā€¦ and even posted a thread, ā€œare fish that dumb, or is mine sickā€

So it does happen

It was fine no injuries. It's the coral rock you get at the pet store. African cichlids.

I have has Cyprichromis wedge themselves into coral rock (marco rock) before. Those buggers (pardon my language) will do anything to not be caught! That said, the worst offenders were okay in the end. I'd just watch them and see if the miscreants show any signs of wounding or infection. If so, treat accordingly. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back