Cichlid Feeding

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

boston71

Reaction score
When it says to feed fish twice a day, but only what they will consume in 10 min, does that mean keeping feeding the fish for 10 min until the time is up, as long as they keep eating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Disregard the instructions on the fish food packaging. When you feed adult fish, give them enough food so they eat it in 20-30 seconds. If they eat it all straight away, you can give them a little bit more and they should eat all that in 20-30 seconds. Then stop feeding them. Do this once a day for adult fish that are not breeding.

If you are feeding baby fish or preparing adult fish for breeding, then feed them a variety of foods 3-5 times per day and let them eat until they are full. Then remove any uneaten food so it doesn't rot and cause water quality problems. You should also do big water changes and gravel clean the substrate every day or two when feeding more.

Thank you, got it..

The instructions are meant to ensure sufficient feeding, without over feeding.
I feed my adult fish twice per day in perhaps smaller amounts than if I fed once per day. For the fish I grow out (fry to young adults), I feed 3-5 times a day.

(I breed/sell swordtails (red and pineapple). I've sold 200+ and am currently growing out 200+). My LFS takes about 2-3 dozen a month for either store credit or cash).

The instructions are meant to ensure sufficient feeding, without over feeding.
I feed my adult fish twice per day in perhaps smaller amounts than if I fed once per day. For the fish I grow out (fry to young adults), I feed 3-5 times a day.

(I breed/sell swordtails (red and pineapple). I've sold 200+ and am currently growing out 200+). My LFS takes about 2-3 dozen a month for either store credit or cash).
Thanks for that info, since my Cichlids have babies now my wife is starting to get hooked on aquariums...

Most reactions

trending

Back