Cichlid Feeding Time...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

peter22UK

Fish Addict
Reaction score
my cichlids.......are very well behaved....they wont eat anything thats alive lol

the only things i can get them to eat are...

- Hikari Cichlid Gold

- Hikari Cichlid Staple

- Tetra Fish Treats

- Algea Wafers

- Frozen Prawns

I think the diet is balanced enough...........but what do you feed yours???

-----Must add i am wondering if my oscar will be getting everything he needs.....Ive tried him on frozen peas but he wont eat them, or lettuce, or spinich...

i feed Jambo. Tetradoromin cichlid sticks ( staple) then he has ,prawns,shrimp,bloodworm( frozen)peas.. and has been known to have some cod out of a fish finger :blush: and algae wafers go in so he probably eats those too, the baby is only hand fed cichlid sticks so far.
i have heard that oscars can be very fussy with food refusing to eat anything other than meat ,infact having owners worried sick that they are going to starve to death.. how stubborn is that!!
i suggest you keep trying with the peas etc,maybe mix them in with bloodworm and squish it all up (( eeww))

good luck
shelagh xxx

My Kribs will eat anything that floats past their faces. Baby earthworms ( about 1 cm long and like a bit of cotton ) are a particular favourite. The female in the 30 gal will barge everyone else out of the way to get there first. I have to whoosh her away with my planting stick so the loaches can have some!

Most reactions

trending

Back