cichlid compatibilty

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have a pair of kribs in my 55 gallon community tank and they get on fine with the other fish. They can get territorial at breeding times so you'd need a reasonably sized tank.
What sized tank do you have?

65 gallon now, but will be a 55 soon. the 65 is old acrylic and beatup. I'll look into Kribs some more, I love chiclids but only have room for 1 tank in the house as a permanent fixture.

thank you B)

Yellow Labs can be put into a community tank. But i suppose as long as there are no super long fins ie angels or siamese fighters.

I am adding 2 angels, but not until the 55 is ready. I'm still saving... Would the angels be ok with Samatrah (my betta) he is ok with my whiptail catfish and some mickey mouse platty's. or would he see the long fins as a threat and attack them.

anyone ever kept angels and bettas together?

Bettas and Angels will not play nice together,stick the betta in a 10g on his own,he'll love you for it (they dont like sharing really) and then you can keep your angels without worries.

thanks CFC,

i will put the angels in the 55 leave the betta where he is.

the betta is in a marineland hex 5 with live plants, a bubble wand and a whiptail catfish. the betta is very happy. this morning when I woke up both fish were sleepig next to each other on the sand, the bettas fins were covering the cat like a blanket. it was very cute :rolleyes:

a green severum would go in a community tank?>

OK, I am dead set on getting the angel fish and am curious as to whether or not gouramis and angels will get along? I would also like to get a couple powder blue gouramis

i was going to say cribs i cant even seem to get cichlids that get on w/other cichlids well i will do on the weekedn hopefully sort that all out.

Ram Cichlids work well in a community tank...if you get one with a good personality :/ ...We had 2 Bolivian Rams from the same lfs and one was a big wuss that got bullied by the platties, the other had to go into the Cichlid tank where he is still the tank nob. Maybe watch them in the store for a bit and try to avoid the more dominant ones.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back