Chuffed To Bits.....

Cheers DT and SC,
The baby came home today, bilrubin had dropped continously since they put Ame (how do i add an e with an accute accent?) on a fibre optic banket...
Pics to come once all is settled in.
Worn out!

Sounds like you need some sleep Germ!
I hope she's out soon so you can really start enjoying family life.
I love the picture of the three of you together, total contentment.
You've got me all broody now...:crazy:

You've got kids though haven't you Stang?
Must have posted at the same time--> she is home! :yahoo:

Feel sorry for Germette, hormones + breast-feeding etc looks like hardwork, I have however as a respite discovered a new way to get the baby to sleep, even when hungry; its the bouncy song (+dance) and i look like a right plonker......
Germette keeps laughing at it!
I'm extremely worried for my once hard earned reputation, oh well, i know who comes first :D But i never pictured myself jumping around a room with a baby singing at the top of my voice "who's a bouncy, bouncy, bouncy baby, babies bounce and bounce and bounce because their bouncy, bouncy babies" etc....
Methinks i should work on the lyrics a little, but she certainly enjoys it.

:rofl:
We need pics of that!!!
Two daughters, 13 and 15 but can't help getting broody.... :crazy:

Cheers DT and SC,
The baby came home today, bilrubin had dropped continously since they put Ame (how do i add an e with an accute accent?) on a fibre optic banket...
Pics to come once all is settled in.
Worn out!

Amé ;) It's alt + 0233. I know there's a way of setting up the keyboard to recognize ' and then e as é as well, as mine in Holland does it, but quite clueless how to set that up. So for now é will do if I want to type something with that letter in it, which isn't very often.

She's gorgeous =) Glad she's home now, bet it will be very tiring on you and Germette over the next few weeks ... heck, years really. Good luck anyway!

I'm glad you got her home. My son was born 6 weeks early (born dead), but they brought him back (long story). He had jaundice really bad. It was a month before we got out of the hospital. Even then he had to be hooked to monitors for over 6 months.
You are really lucky!
Sleep while you can. :S
We all had a song and dance... :blush: We understand! Children do something to us. It changes us forever. Isn't it cool! :hyper:

my goodness me even more cuteness! She is completely and utterly gorgeous and I think you will be blamed for lots of broody ladies on TFF! I know I am!

:good:

also properly broody :rolleyes:
Cheers very much Wiggly (hope all is well.....)
Just a quick question on the broodiness, have you ever seen a fresh placenta? May put you off.....
Anyhow, enough jokes and more baby for the Wiggles to brood over;
Cuteness;
cuteness1.jpg

Epoisses;
family1.jpg

Ame still isn't out, currently she is undergoing treatment for jaundice, i've warned the mid-wife that i think her decision is a bit awry and that realistically the system they have in place for dealing with it has loopholes and seriously pathetic/simple mistakes in it left, right and centre.
I have the results for analysis by a family member (doctor) and the McGerm family is making a clan visit tomorrow once we have decided on the best course of action.
:flex:
Thanks all for the compliments!

lol nope not seen a fresh placenta, just got an e-mail co-incidentally from an old work mate describing how another colleague had been describing her birth in graphic detail, apparently fine until she mentioned scissors!!!! You would have thought that'd be enough to put me off....... unlikely though.

I absolutely adore that picture of the three of you, looks lovely. Get it framed and put it on your wall!

Glad she's home and your all doing well.

You've got kids though haven't you Stang?
Must have posted at the same time--> she is home! :yahoo:

Feel sorry for Germette, hormones + breast-feeding etc looks like hardwork, I have however as a respite discovered a new way to get the baby to sleep, even when hungry; its the bouncy song (+dance) and i look like a right plonker......
Germette keeps laughing at it!
I'm extremely worried for my once hard earned reputation, oh well, i know who comes first :D But i never pictured myself jumping around a room with a baby singing at the top of my voice "who's a bouncy, bouncy, bouncy baby, babies bounce and bounce and bounce because their bouncy, bouncy babies" etc....
Methinks i should work on the lyrics a little, but she certainly enjoys it.

lmao, I can just see it. :lol: priorities though aint it, and yours are definitely in the right place.

Off to the shops;
offtotheshops.jpg

We need pics of that!!!
No chance! :blush:

Cheers Erised but it doesn't seem to work, then again i'm on a laptop so it may be this, c'est la vie i can always cut and paste. Oh....
bet it will be very tiring on you and Germette over the next few weeks ... heck, years really.
Thanks for rubbing it in!

You are really lucky!
I know, i was born blue myself but all that has gone out the window when sticking up for the "little lady baby" (current nickname) and atm she is the centre of the universe.

my goodness me even more cuteness! She is completely and utterly gorgeous and I think you will be blamed for lots of broody ladies on TFF! I know I am!
And possibly the recipient of numerous PMs from irate boyfriends. Cheers for the compliments from me, Germette and Amé....

Wiggles;
TBH it was seriously interesting, just after birth instead of supporting Germette through the stirrups and the stitches i was admiring the doctors handiwork and asking vaguely medical questions about vernix (sp?) and placentas :X Useless!
May well get the group pic framed, in my rush to show off the baby to various peoples i've had little time to think about we the parental people.
I think my priorities may well be, never did i think i'd have the balls (anti-balls? hmm...) to dance around like that without a care in the world, whoever has been here. She must be good for me!

Anyway all is good, thanks for everything people :good: we're off to the duck pond tomorrow to hopefully get the baby as much natural light and general stimulation as possible.

Loving the new pics and the name for the little angel. Glad she's home and you're a little family.

Good luck with it all. How are the night shifts going for you two?

Keep the pics coming.

:good:

Wiggles;
TBH it was seriously interesting, just after birth instead of supporting Germette through the stirrups and the stitches i was admiring the doctors handiwork and asking vaguely medical questions about vernix (sp?) and placentas :X Useless!
May well get the group pic framed, in my rush to show off the baby to various peoples i've had little time to think about we the parental people.
I think my priorities may well be, never did i think i'd have the balls (anti-balls? hmm...) to dance around like that without a care in the world, whoever has been here. She must be good for me!

told you the other week didn't i, she'll completely change your life. you've obviously got it in you to rise to the challenge so just enjoy it :D

thing is, in my opinion anyway, anyone who would think less of you because you obviously adore your daughter and aren't afraid to show it, well i wouldn't want their respect anyway. They're the ones who are not worthy of you not vica versa.

That's ok. My husband is a warden at a prison. His is big and mean and all the things you would expect, but Shay turned him to mush in a flash.
A baby has the ability to bring out the best in even the worst. There is nothing in the world even close to the love we have for our children. It is unconditional. You can't say that about anything else. Enjoy it. Take lots and lots of pics! They grow and change so fast. Before you know it she will be off to school, and you will be wondering what happened to the time.

Cheers again all :good:

Few updates;
First pooh after leaving hospital has scarred me for life, i actually ducked when she trumped :shifty: but seriously; omfg. How can such a little stomach produce so much waste!
Baby is now on breastmilk and formula, there were issues with her eating which appear to have been resolved using the combination.
We move flat today, fingers crossed she may not even notice :dunno:
Jaundice appears to be almost entirely cleared up.

AlexAndCarmen; Struggling through, i'm exhausted beyond belief. The GF has been spending her evenings at her parents for support but it's taking its toll on myself and it's an enormous effort for me to get everything that needs doing, done. Although the GF seems to have almost recovered from birth and hormone related wobbliness now, which hopefully means an easier time to come for all.

Wiggle; I know :p My songs are gradually improving, we have the frog song, the marching song (keeps me active) the original bouncy baby and my favourite; Corned Baby Hash
"Onion and Peas, Baby and Mash, We all Love....... Corned Baby Hash" no idea where it came from, but it works :D (as would any song, sung soothingly enough)

I.michelle; Lol, the cheeks of doom, they are easily her most commented on feature by all and sundry.

IceGrrl; I can imagine, but these first two weeks have dragged, not in a bad way but as we struggle to adjust to the lifestyle change. Did you have this at first? Anyhoo... cheers.

Tokis; Merci! A circular cutie and a very proud dad.

Thanks again.....

Most reactions

Back