Chuffed To Bits.....

It does take a while to get used to the new life. Everything is so different from the way life was. There is just no way to prepair for the reality of just how different it is.
You will all settle into a routine before long, and then time will start to fly by.
If she is beginning to get more hormonally stable already she is doing very good. It usually takes a while. Breast feeding also usually causes the levels to be higher and will keep her somewhat off kilter. (emotional) That also gets better with time. It takes the female body a while to recover from all the changes it goes through. Just keep in mind that just because she has had the baby does not mean that it is over for her. Her body is still going through a lot of changes and hormone fluctuations with lactating. She won't get comletely back to normal until her body is no longer having to do any of these new things and has a little while to adjust. It is after all a hormone that make the milk come.
Everything just take time. This is the hardest part. The best advice I can give you is to make sure you sleep when you can, and if you have any questions... ask them. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. Feel free to pm if there is anything you don't want to post for all the free world to read.
What kind of formula is she on? Some can constipate them, and cause bad tummy aches. Watch out for that. The breast milk should help some though. Breast milk keeps things flowing. It is much easier for the baby to process than formula.
Is it time for new pics yet?
You need to be singing her abc's and 123's to her. She is learning so much right now. You will be amazed at what she can learn... even this small. The first 5 years of life is when they learn the most. After that the learning process starts to become more difficult and slows down. Also playing classical music does make a difference.
Tell her the color and shape of everything, and find things that have numbers and letters to show her. When you show her letters tell her what it is, and what sound it makes. That will get her reading so much faster and easier! I did that, and Shay is doing 2nd grade work in pre-k. It makes school time much easier too, because it getting the basics is the hardest part. I try to work teaching the basics of reading and math into everything. I started when she was born. My family thought I was wasting my time, but now they see that I wasn't. Just remember to make it part of every day life and make games with it too. That keeps it from being work, and it goes so much better. :good:

oh wow!!! that is so SWEET! Im so happy for you two, its so cool that your that excited about your new baby girl!! *points at the real man!* ;-) that makes me SOOO happy ^_^

Congrats, she a lovely girl.

Wiggle; I know :p My songs are gradually improving, we have the frog song, the marching song (keeps me active) the original bouncy baby and my favourite; Corned Baby Hash
"Onion and Peas, Baby and Mash, We all Love....... Corned Baby Hash" no idea where it came from, but it works :D (as would any song, sung soothingly enough)

that sounds like a fantastic song!

it's bound to be tough on you guys at first, sure you'll get used to it soon enough though. :)

"What do you mean i'm too young for beer?"
ame6.jpg

Bathtime...
ame8.jpg

Warning severe cuteness;
ame1.jpg

All is well atm, just showing off the little lady.....

thanks for the update father-germ- :thumbs:

awhh she's so gorgeous.....can I borrow her please? :shifty: She's got lovely chubby cheeks ahhhh cuteness :wub: :wub: :wub:

good to know all is well, that cuteness is a killer......cluckiness rising...rising....must tear self away from pics.....

Awww, love the new pics, she is gorgeous! I just want to smoosh her lil' cheekies! :wub:

awww bless her, hows about a proper update, hows fatherhood treating you??

Most reactions

Back