Choosing sand color for my 40 breeder axie tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What color sand should I get?

• No Sand, You Should Go Barebottom!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello all! I can't decide what color sand for my axolotl tank. I want the axolotls to stand out. the colors are/will be luecistic and golden albino. I also want the tank to feel open and natural, not like its all dark. It is a 40 breeder in a small room, so it will be very noticeable! I want to get it right. So, what do you guys think? My local tractor supply has fine and medium grit black diamond blasting sand.

Hello all! I can't decide what color sand for my axolotl tank. I want the axolotls to stand out. the colors are/will be luecistic and golden albino. I also want the tank to feel open and natural, not like its all dark. It is a 40 breeder in a small room, so it will be very noticeable! I want to get it right. So, what do you guys think? My local tractor supply has fine and medium grit black diamond blasting sand.
Definitely black... It may seem like it'll be super dark but the colors of your axie will out weigh it!

Just use some nice natural river gravel about 2-4mm in diameter. Nothing fancy, just something their will recognize.

Exo Terra Riverbed Sand Brown: your axolotls would stilll "pop" with the high contrast and, in my opinion, black sand can look very cool but it doesn't look natural. (I've never seen a black riverbed.)

Exo Terra Riverbed Sand Brown: your axolotls would stilll "pop" with the high contrast and, in my opinion, black sand can look very cool but it doesn't look natural. (I've never seen a black riverbed.)
Some of my river bed is black where I live

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back