Choices In New Equipment

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
There's a thread here about Aqueon Equipment that's eye opening. If someone wants to buy a brand new tank what are your choices ? I'm not talking about kits or plastic or acrylic tanks or oddball shapes, just a plain old rectangular glass aquarium. Is Aqueon the only game in town ?

Aqueon, Fluval, and Marineland, where I live...

Aqueon, Fluval, and Marineland, where I live...
I bought my oldest Grand Daughter a Marineland 20 high kit and the tank itself is a carbon copy of an Aqueon tank. Maybe Marineland sources the tank from Aqueon. Brands I remember were MetaFrame, Pemco, O'Dell and Perfecto. I don't think any are around anymore. IMHO the best power filter is Aqua-Clear, the best heaters are Eheim and the best air pumps are Tetra. Sure seems like there are fewer choices than years ago. If you can measure accurately you can go to a glass shop, get your glass and make better tops than you can buy. You can even make your own tanks but why bother when they're so cheap.

I bought my oldest Grand Daughter a Marineland 20 high kit and the tank itself is a carbon copy of an Aqueon tank. Maybe Marineland sources the tank from Aqueon. Brands I remember were MetaFrame, Pemco, O'Dell and Perfecto. I don't think any are around anymore. IMHO the best power filter is Aqua-Clear, the best heaters are Eheim and the best air pumps are Tetra. Sure seems like there are fewer choices than years ago. If you can measure accurately you can go to a glass shop, get your glass and make better tops than you can buy. You can even make your own tanks but why bother when they're so cheap.
" If you can measure accurately you can go to a glass shop, get your glass and make better tops than you can buy."

^^ THIS, X10 ^^....you just have to buy the plastic hinge, or DIY one yourself

I hear ya on the AquaClears, I have 6 of them, they've never failed me...easy to maintain and customize media, as well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back