Chocolate Labarador Looking For New Home

Omg I've just read this through for the first time and when I got to the end I couldn't believe there was no news. Well....is she or isn't she??? :blink:

Ok!

Ladies and gents - Mocha came and she and Sash had a good run in the garden. There was a bit of uncertainty on both parts when they first met, Sasha is a much larger dog and she was on home ground, but we were so pleased with how she behaved. Mocha came bowling in the front door all loves and hugs and Sasha was like "whats going on?" but we let them straight in the yard and they did a bit of chasing and we threw some tennis balls around.

Mocha is the most adorable little thing :wub: sheś all kisses and loves and she loved all over Dylan, he was enchanted with the "new dog" but when Mochas lady asked him what he thought he said "Well, I am not really interested" :lol: which is the first time we have heard him say anything like that so we are assuming this to be a new word - which is kinda cool to hear a three year old say :) fortunately, they took it in good humour. Dylans take on it after they had gone was ¨she washed my hair for me" and she is the loveliest sloppiest dog I have seen in a long time.

As far as we are concerned, it worked for us. Sasha and she have some things to work out, but Sasha seemed to like her, we loved her, Bu loved her and he was sad when she left because he thought she was staying today.

They are going home for the weekend to think about what to do, if she comes to us, she will be coming for a trial period to make sure everyone is happy and that she and Sash can get settled down ok.

We are hopeful. Hold your breath for us!

I got home from work today and Dylan had made Dan practically run home from nursery because he thought Mocha was going to be here and he wanted to see her :(

He said "Sasha is your dog and daddy's dog and I wanted Mocha to be my dog and sleep in my room".

I'm very happy to hear that the initial meeting went so well !
I have all my fingers and toes crossed that Mocha will come and live with you guys !! :good:

Though the owner is a work collegue of mine, we haven't actually spoken or seen each other since the initial conversation we had about rehoming Mocha - as he works at a different location to me. So I'm none the wiser myself really :/ but I sincerely hope all works out for everyone.

Mocha's owners called today to say they had decided to let the other lady have her. Not us.

They were worried about her coming in to an enviroment where there was already a dog.
I'm not really sure why, Sasha was as good as gold, but it's ok, we were only offering to take her since they were in a bind, we wanted another dog after Christmas, it was just a happy chance meeting that they had one and we were open to take one.

We'll continue with Plan A and get Bu his own puppy lab in January. Thanks for the warm wishes and interest you've all shown.

:wub:
xxxx

Awww I'm sorry to hear that. It's a difficult decision to make rehoming a dog. :(

Most reactions

Back