April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

zophie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My boyfriends needs a little help here :p
He has decided that he would like to get a pet, and is trying to decide between a Chinchilla and a Ferret. Personly, I would say ferret any day- I have had four in the past, and they are amazing :good: But it does take a dedicated person to look after a ferret, they need tons of attention. So I was wondering, do you guys have any preference of these two?

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated :nod:

Zophie

Chinchilla :) I had 2 but they need quite alot of attention as well...
They sleep all day and come out at night

Thankyou, guys. I shall look into Chinchilla's. One more thing.... What are the prices like for Chinchilla VS Ferret? Money is not an issue, but I would like to know :nod:

Oh, and Jonnywhite, I already have a nice little pack of rats :p

Zophie

In England, ferrets are about £15 each and chinchillas are about £180 for a pair so quite a difference in price

Ferret 110%

sorry but i used to keep
ferrets lovely animals and make
good pets mine used to use the litter
tray

Ferret 110%

sorry but i used to keep
ferrets lovely animals and make
good pets mine used to use the litter
tray
I know what you mean... I would say ferret too, but I don't know if my boy-friend can deal with all the work :huh:

In England, ferrets are about £15 each and chinchillas are about £180 for a pair so quite a difference in price
That's crazy... In Canada, Ferrets are average about 200 $ from a breeder :shout:
You guys in england are soooo lucky :drool:

I'd have to say Chinchilla just because of the odor .. to me ferrets smell but Chinchillas have little to no smell though they are not as interactive as the ferrets. Then again who doesn't love to watch them dust bathe :)

100% a ferret, by far.

Get a normal one, as even though the polecat ferrets are gorgeous, they have a tendency to bite more than the others (unless they are hand reared from birth, i've seen some like that and they were completely timid)

Chinchilla's are, well, a little bit boring, and they squeak so much :S

Plus, ferrets can play fetch, they love to be pushed around playfully, and can roam freely around a house.
Yes they smell a little bit, but you grow to enjoy the smell, I did.

So.. ferretferretferret :good:

edit.. $200 a ferret, buggery! I can get them for £5, usually less.. Gotta love Wales.

100% a ferret, by far.

Get a normal one, as even though the polecat ferrets are gorgeous, they have a tendency to bite more than the others (unless they are hand reared from birth, i've seen some like that and they were completely timid)

Chinchilla's are, well, a little bit boring, and they squeak so much :S

Plus, ferrets can play fetch, they love to be pushed around playfully, and can roam freely around a house.
Yes they smell a little bit, but you grow to enjoy the smell, I did.

So.. ferretferretferret :good:

edit.. $200 a ferret, buggery! I can get them for £5, usually less.. Gotta love Wales.
Thankyou... I know what you say about the smell, I kinda like it :p

Check this link out to see the 200 $ ferrets....

http://www.gfxferret.com/

That explains it, a proper ferretry.

Over here they are bred for rabbiting by farmers, they then take their pick of the litter, and sell or give away the rest at cheap prices.

That explains it, a proper ferretry.

Over here they are bred for rabbiting by farmers, they then take their pick of the litter, and sell or give away the rest at cheap prices.
Ahh... I see. Right now we have 2 chinchilla's and 2 ferrets.....

"Boyfriends" Zophie? How many do you have? LOL :hyper:

Just kidding...

I would say Chinchilla's - have never owned them but I like the look of them.

Having said that...I think hamsters are beautiful LOL - don't you fancy a lil hammy hamster? You can get some gorgeous varieties. One of ours was a peachy colour, very round and fluffy. My daughter used to make obstacle courses around the living room for the hamsters to run around, which was fun!

Athena

LOL... Athena,

Totally didn't see I had wrote that... only have one, promise :p

Hamsters are pretty cool... my friend has a dwarf hamster and shes the cutest tiny thing!!!

As for Ferrets VS Chinchillas, I really can't decide. My BF wants a chin, but I much prefer ferrets. Today we went to see some Chins at a breeder and they were pretty cute and didn't smell, but they aren't very interactive. Should I expect that with a Chin?

Zophie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back