Cherry Red Zebra Danios?

Joller

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
384
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Newcastle, Australia
I was at my fave LFS yesterday and i stumbled upon these fish, they looked a sort of fluro pink colour and alot of them had deformed spines, was the colour injected? this would be the first case i've seen sofar in australia. i thought it didn't happen here :/
 
Bent spines sound weird, were they particularly big or old? Might be something like fish TB.

Chances are they were genetically modified zebra danios though, with jellyfish genes in them.

Google Glofish.

Dunno the legality of them in Australia, they are illegal in the UK.
 
they were young, and i thought they must have been injected but they did look a bit like duller versions of glofish.
do glofish breed to have glofry? how interesting.
why are they illegal? does the process harm any fish?
 
They are genetically modified livestock and I believe that GM livestock is banned in the UK however I am not sure so don't quote me on that.
 
Yep, when glofish breed they keep the jellyfish genes.

As I mentioned above, they are illegal in the UK.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top