cherry barbs

aernympha

Fish Herder
Reaction score
will cherry barbs be ok as apair or will i have to get another female??? i was wondering cos i had read that they liked to go around in there pairs but then i also heard that female can get ahrssed alot but i also don't have much room anyways ....and thing are going ok i think ...... os i think i just solved my own probelm...... lol :lol:

well also could tow cherry barbs live with a ram in samml tank probably 5-7.5 gallon tank too keep the ram company when its gets better after some treatment...??? or will the cherry babrs jus try to annoy it? :/ :crazy: :thumbs:

Moe

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I would not keep even one rams in such a small tank. They get to be 2.5 inches. And mixing rams and cherry barbs in such a small space doesn't sound like such a good idea they both occupy the lower region in the tank.

Morrgan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Babies grow, sometimes surprisingly fast. I suggest you start looking for a bigger tank for the rams. But your sig says you already have two rams in a 30 gal, are these the same ones as you're talking about now?

rsz

Cheddar: classic or cliche?
Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't barbs be kept in schools of at least 6, or else they'll start killing each other? :crazy: ? when i used to have green barbs, and my school got down to 3, they started killing each other, so i took them back to my lfs. :(

Alien Anna

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
rsz said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't barbs be kept in schools of at least 6, or else they'll start killing each other? :crazy: ? when i used to have green barbs, and my school got down to 3, they started killing each other, so i took them back to my lfs. :(
Cherry barbs are not schooling fish. Like most "family living" fish they prefer to be in a pair or a male and a few females. Don't have more than one male in a tank - they'll fight.

OP
OP
A

aernympha

Fish Herder
Reaction score
thanx alien anna glad i got sumthin right lol...... erm yeah they are the same rams :D :thumbs: o and octavia has died today so i only have one ram :-( :sad:

rsz

Cheddar: classic or cliche?
Reaction score
i knew someone would correct me :lol: i wasn't 100% about cherry barbs, just said what i thought :S

Most reactions

trending

Staff online