cherry barbs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

aernympha

Fish Herder
Reaction score
will cherry barbs be ok as apair or will i have to get another female??? i was wondering cos i had read that they liked to go around in there pairs but then i also heard that female can get ahrssed alot but i also don't have much room anyways ....and thing are going ok i think ...... os i think i just solved my own probelm...... lol :lol:

well also could tow cherry barbs live with a ram in samml tank probably 5-7.5 gallon tank too keep the ram company when its gets better after some treatment...??? or will the cherry babrs jus try to annoy it? :/ :crazy: :thumbs:

I would not keep even one rams in such a small tank. They get to be 2.5 inches. And mixing rams and cherry barbs in such a small space doesn't sound like such a good idea they both occupy the lower region in the tank.

Babies grow, sometimes surprisingly fast. I suggest you start looking for a bigger tank for the rams. But your sig says you already have two rams in a 30 gal, are these the same ones as you're talking about now?

correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't barbs be kept in schools of at least 6, or else they'll start killing each other? :crazy: ? when i used to have green barbs, and my school got down to 3, they started killing each other, so i took them back to my lfs. :(

rsz said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't barbs be kept in schools of at least 6, or else they'll start killing each other? :crazy: ? when i used to have green barbs, and my school got down to 3, they started killing each other, so i took them back to my lfs. :(
Cherry barbs are not schooling fish. Like most "family living" fish they prefer to be in a pair or a male and a few females. Don't have more than one male in a tank - they'll fight.

thanx alien anna glad i got sumthin right lol...... erm yeah they are the same rams :D :thumbs: o and octavia has died today so i only have one ram :-( :sad:

i knew someone would correct me :lol: i wasn't 100% about cherry barbs, just said what i thought :S

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back