Chemi Clean In A Tropical Tank

julioarca

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I got hold of some of that Chemi Clean, is it safe to use in a tropical tank to eradicate cynobacteria, BGA ?
 
The short answer is yes, there probably isn't any problem with using it.

The long answer is that instead of trying to use chemicals to get rid of it, you really need to fix the problem that is causing it in the first place. Of course, BGA is a pain and probably the hardest stuff to get rid of. Once you've got it, it seems you almost have to take the tank down, clean everything and start over.
 
I had conquered it a few months go, was running a pmdd system, all was great, free of it for 6 months, then it appeared again, checks showed phosphate up to 5+.
I put in Rowaphose, done ,loads water changes and continuing to do so. Phosphate falling to about 2 now. Nitrate has always been at around 40. So I blame my poor tank maintenance for the outbreak, just though some chemi clean would speed things up..
 
So, just done another water change and checked parameters etc. Stil had some BGA on plants at surface but far less than of late. Its becoming very loose.

Anyway Phosphate 0.25-.5 which is brilliant, I personally believe its the high phosphate which has caused the outbreak. My plants are beginning to take better shape too, the corner is turned.

I have not yet used the chemi clean, think the rowaphos is doing its work, been in for 2 weeeks now.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top