Checking Levels

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

SnowLady

Reaction score
I need to check the levels of my water - nitrates, trites Ph you know the works. I'm reading the wonderful articles on cycling that I got in my welcome email. (THANK YOU! I SO Want to prove my mom wrong and not kill all of my fish! (I am 31 for goodness sakes not a baby!)

Anyways- I got my set-up at Petsmart. Perhaps not the best place (I dunno) but out of about 7 places I went I felt the most comfortable there.

However, been back twice and I still don't see what I'm looking for in testing. And I was on a time limit. I'm going back today. What am I looking for? Is it a kit? Should I ask? HELPPPPPPPP

In my PetsMart they have the water tests next to the fish food for some reason. If they don't have the test you are looking for right now you could check online to try to find a good one. PetsMart will usually test your water for you if you want. I think they do it for free. You could try that until you find the right tests. At my PetsMart they have all the tests, and even all of them on the same test strip.

Holy Quick Reply Batman :hyper:

LOL

Thank you so much! I guess I'm not looking hard enough or maybe I've been staring at my fishless tank wondering what to do next. And hoping I can find some perfume-less ammonia.

i know petsmart sells an "all in one" type test kit for $19.99 that tests ph, nitrate, nitrite and ammonia. they sell a freshwater version and a salt, should have section with test kits, chemicals and cleaning supplies, look there, near the bottom of the shelf maybe. they also sell the four individual kits, but to start, the $20 kit saves you few bucks...................
if you go to petsmart.com you can order the individual test kits too..............

Most reactions

Back