Check Out My New Leopard Bushfish!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

edgun88

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just got him yesterday. Really gets along with all my other fish. He has such a great personality too. Fun fish to keep!

BUSHFISH1.jpg

BUSHFISH2.jpg

Here is his root house. You can see him inside. He hid there yesterday, but today he has been going all over the tank having fun!
BUSHFISH3.jpg

More pics to come!

The Leopard Bush Fish is Ctenopoma acutirostre, an African anabantid. They are predatory but not particularly aggressive and can reach up to about 6" in total length. Small fish are not safe with C. acutirostre and large, aggressive cichlids aren't usually good tankmates either because the Bush Fish tend to be a little shy and to not defend themselves vigorously.

-Joe

The Leopard Bush Fish is Ctenopoma acutirostre, an African anabantid. They are predatory but not particularly aggressive and can reach up to about 6" in total length. Small fish are not safe with C. acutirostre and large, aggressive cichlids aren't usually good tankmates either because the Bush Fish tend to be a little shy and to not defend themselves vigorously.

-Joe

Yea thats a pretty good summary.

Thanks

After the Polypterids (bichirs), the African anabantids are my favorite group of fish. I currently have 6 species of Ctenopoma and Microctenopoma in my tanks including Microctenopoma ansorgii, Microctenopoma fasciolatum, Ctenopoma acutirostre, Ctenopoma kingsleyae, Ctenopoma ocellatum and Ctenopoma weeksii. They are truly fascinating fish.

-Joe

Thanks

After the Polypterids (bichirs), the African anabantids are my favorite group of fish. I currently have 6 species of Ctenopoma and Microctenopoma in my tanks including Microctenopoma ansorgii, Microctenopoma fasciolatum, Ctenopoma acutirostre, Ctenopoma kingsleyae, Ctenopoma ocellatum and Ctenopoma weeksii. They are truly fascinating fish.

-Joe

I would have to agree. There are fascinating fish! Great personalities. I have to ask though, were did you find all of those different anabantids? Where do you go to find exotic fish like that that aren't readily available to everyone? Just wondering.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back