cheap tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppieluver

Reaction score
hi anyone know how much a relly cheap tank would be for fry to go in and how small it would be ?

The smallest I've seen is a 5 gall and with pump, filter and heater works out about £20 Why don't you look in your local paper for a second hand one. Often there are some there, complete with everything, going for a bargain price.

When I was breeding fish, I used plastic critter tanks that were 2.5 gallons. I used small box filters in them.

Cost was around $9.00 usd.

CM

ive seen people use buckets not shure if i would better to get a 1' tank and they normally go for less than 10 dollars glass so they last longer. also remeber you dont need to be able to see them so i suppose you could use most containers so long as you look after the water chemistry right. box filters are a good idea as they are not as powerfull as the other types of filters.

i might try a old plastic tank i have i would need a heater but while i will have no gravel in it would i need a filter?

small 2.5 are nice but then you also have to get filter.
at petcetera they sell there own 5 gal with corner fiter for liek 20 bone cdn

guppieluver, you always need a filter or else the fish are in stagnant water. and for fry you the water as good as possible so the largest percentage will live.

Most reactions

trending

Back