Charterhouse Aquatics Dodgy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well they tried delivring mine yesterday but i was out, re-arranged for today and it turned up in one piece, havent got round to installing the filter or out as i had to get to work.
It doesnt put me off going through them as they're normally spot on.

Well they tried delivring mine yesterday but i was out, re-arranged for today and it turned up in one piece, havent got round to installing the filter or out as i had to get to work.
It doesnt put me off going through them as they're normally spot on.
when did yours get dispatched? mine was on monday 4th.

Mine has arrived :rolleyes:

about 3.30 it came, the courier was a right twazok, otherwise the order was ok, well, i tell a lie, i ordered 1 4kg back of coral sand that was a particular brand, the bag i recieved was an unbranded form, obviously they have swapped to a cheaper to buy in sand, just hoped they had mentioned it on the site.

I recently had problems ordering from Big Al's online. I orderd last monday (or tuesday?). And it just came in yesterday. I checked UPS Ground online, and they reshceduled the delivery to yesterday. I was supposed to get it monday. When the box came in, it was pretty beat up. It looked like one of the workers didn't have a chair to sit on, so he used my box. But everything is intact, so I guess it's okay.

Charterhouse are great. I have ordered loads of them and always found them fast and friendly.

One issue I had was:

I ordered a TetraTec EX1200 and 2 glass thermometers. They strapped the thermometers to the outside of the filter box, both of course arrived smashed to bits, lucky I didn't injure myself opening the envelope. They replaced them straight away though so fair play.

Other than that, they are great. Maybe a little pricey on certain things, but overall - I like them. :good:

This post seems hover around 3rd/4th/5th on Google for Charterhouse Aquatics now. Speaking to some other people, it seems when the order is OK, then it's fine, but if there are any issues, expect to wait a long time with no communications.

This happened to me only this week. Next day delivery they said and I got it about 5 days later. That wasn't so much of an issue because they did let me know but the box was SO battered when I got it. One of the items I ordered was a new heater which I haven't had the chance to check if it works yet. Of course then I won't really know until if it's not been damaged until i's been working a few weeks.

Also I ordered a big bag of gravel that looked to be smooth like my other lot but when I got it it's quite sharp (and jet black my #14###) so it's gonna be no good for my little cat fish!

I have ordered quite a lot of gear of Charter house and EVERY TIME they have been unbelievably quick with the order.

They are also very competitive with there prices.

The only reason I did not buy my new tank (Juwel vision 450) was because they only do pick up on tanks.

I am sure that any trouble with late delivery s would be due to a third party i.e. couriers.

I shall continue using them and would recommend them to anyone.

Regards onebto.

Yeah I expect it's the couriers. They use Interlink don't they? I was helping some friends out over the winter, selling their product for them. They use Interlink and we did have trouble with them on occasions.

Thing is though, my contract is with the supplier, not the couriers. If they pick bad couriers, and the product is delayed or damaged, it's their choice of couriers than cause problems.

I really did expect at least a "We're sorry you needed to take 6 days off work because our communication and couriers aren't up to scratch".

Thing is though, my contract is with the supplier, not the couriers. If they pick bad couriers, and the product is delayed or damaged, it's their choice of couriers than cause problems.

I really did expect at least a "We're sorry you needed to take 6 days off work because our communication and couriers aren't up to scratch".

Which is true and I am surprised Charterhouse did not apologies. As for the third party i.e. the courier I do not know for sure but I would think Charterhouse get a good deal with the courier company and I think they pass that saving onto the customer.

A better Quality delivery service = extra cost = less profit or pass that onto the customer, looking at charterhouses prices I would guess they would not have much if they swallowed the extra cost of a higher quality courier.

I think you were unfortunate to have had a delivery out of the normal but its no excuse for not apologising not there normal service I guess we all have a bad day from time to time.

Regards onebto

An apology costs nothing.

It would have been incredibly easy for them to apologise, then phone the courier, find out what's going on, ring you back and let you know what they've been told.

When ordering from amazon I've had issues before, like ordering a cd which the delivery person decided not to put through letterbox, not to ring the doorbell, nah, he just left it on the wall by the door.
I lived in a pub at the time. A busy one. By the time I went out, I found an empty packet.

That wasn't amazons fault, it was the delivery guy, but guess what amazon apologised, told me since this wasn't the first complaint they are looking at changing the courier, and sent another cd with a different courier for me.

I hav used charterhoise before with no problems.

Think they use a small courier so maybe that is the problem?

I prefer to us warehous aquatics for my supplies they are ace in terms of delivery and service.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back