Changing from Pump to Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bobby

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wanting to give my tank a facelift. I'm think of changing from a pump to an under gravel filter. I think the tank is 70 ish litres. It houses 4 barbs and 2 Dwarf Gourami.

Any advice on the pros and cons would be gratefully accepted. i.e. how to remove all the fish, storage, time to leave new set up before returning fish friends.

Regards

Bobby

no offence - but why do you want to go to an undergravel filter... the internals have a lot more benifits.

how about an external canister??

I think I've got this the wrong way round. I've got a filter that sits inside the tank and filters the water, every few weeks I clean the sponge in some tank water.

I was wanting to add something that will give me bubbles coming up from the bottom, purely ashetic. What's an external canister?

Bobby

an external canister is a different kind of filter. your question sounds like you want to get rid of your internal filter and go to an undergravel instead. if all you want is bubbles to come up from the bottom all you need is to add an airstone or bubble wall or something like that. an under gravel filter won't make bubbles come up from the bottom. and you do not need to remove your fish to add a bubble feature. just buy what you want and get an air pump to hook it up to and put it in.

hth
karri :dunno:

^^^ what he said ;)

all you need is an air pump and a bubble stone :)

forget the comments about the external canister filter - i was thinking that you might have wanted to get rid of the bulky filter...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back