Changing A Sponge In Juwel Compact Filter...

hollyp0p

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
1,364
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Plymouth, UK
ok umm I'm soon to replace my green sponge in my juwel rekord 60, compact filter....I'm going to lose it completely and have gotten a fine blue sponge to replace it, is it really safe for filter bacteria to replace the whole green sponge at once, by soaking in tank water then squeezing existing filter media over it to start bacteria, or should I cut sponge in half and replace one half?

Also is it best placing the new sponge in the middle where the green one was, or at the end where the current blue sponge is?

Thanks!
 
How much of the total sponge (%) is the one you are replacing?
 
i would put it in the middle, where the green one came from. don't clean the filter when you do it, leave it for a week or so if you can.
 
i would put it in the middle, where the green one came from. don't clean the filter when you do it, leave it for a week or so if you can.

Ok, my filter can go weeks on end without rinsing and be fine so am sure it'll be ok :good: want the green sponge to add to my QT tank as mini cycle has been causing harm to new fish previously and i don't want to do any more to new fish I got the other day.

Cheers!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top