Cardinals and Neons

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Your assumptions and conclusions aren't correct in my opinion. The shown (social) behaviour only can and will be exposed when/if in a decent group (let's not call it a school or shoal then). Not shoaling tight together doesn't mean fish aren't social fish and don't need to be in a group. Such fish that don't simply waste away like single kept lions in a cage.

Also you advise that different tetra species are fine together / shoal therefor simply isn't correct.

Serious amazed you're focussing on Ph but doesn't seem to be aware about social needs of fish.
There sometimes seems to be too much focus on getting the correct numbers of fish and not enough on providing them with the correct living conditions. After all fish only want to make babies and to do that, they only need a male and a female.

There sometimes seems to be too much focus on getting the correct numbers of fish and not enough on providing them with the correct living conditions. After all fish only want to make babies and to do that, they only need a male and a female.
Yeah right. Come on.

Tried to access this link and it fails.

It opens from your post for me. Open Google Scholar and enter the title of the paper which is "The effect of group size on the behaviour and welfare of four fish species commonly kept in home aquaria" and it will bring up the data with a link to the pdf paper at Academia.edu

Thanks, guys, for hijacking my thread, you have done well. I wonder If any of you know why it was originally posted👍
ew ew, pick me, I know, pick me, pick me :)

um, ah, is it because you are trying to encourage people to keep tetras in heavily plants tanks with the correct pH so the fish do better?

Thanks, guys, for hijacking my thread, you have done well. I wonder If any of you know why it was originally posted👍
My apologies, I thought the topics were connected seeing as we were discussing a planted tank and the welfare of the neons. It was not my intention to hijack. My bad. 😞

Most reactions

Back