Carbon

hollanda88

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
711
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottinghamshire, UK
I have started dosing TPN+ and easycarbo taoday and i have 1 week old carbon in my filter, only because i can't be arsed to remove it and its a new filter, will this remove my ferts

andrew
 
I really don't think that carbon will remove any ferts, well it might, I never thought about it.

Fertilizers are just like trace minerals, so something that comes naturally in the wild.

Carbon removes "Chemical" base substances in the tank such as meds and discoloration.

This would be a good topic in the scientific section, where you would get more solid answers.

So, IMO, I don't think that carbon will remove any ferts.

Also, carbon only stays good for about 3 days, in which after that time the carbon should be replaced with a new one to keep in working properly.

-FHM
 
No!

Lots of planted people use carbon in their filters with no adverse effects. It certainly doesn`t take out all the ferts, if any.

Dave.
 
No!

Lots of planted people use carbon in their filters with no adverse effects. It certainly doesn`t take out all the ferts, if any.

Dave.
Thats what I thought.

-FHM

lol, too late, i have taken it all out now, there was 4 bogs of the stuff lol. Was going to swap it for something after work on saturaday so have just taken it out now instead.

andrew
 
No!

Lots of planted people use carbon in their filters with no adverse effects. It certainly doesn`t take out all the ferts, if any.

Dave.
Thats what I thought.

-FHM

lol, too late, i have taken it all out now, there was 4 bogs of the stuff lol. Was going to swap it for something after work on saturaday so have just taken it out now instead.

andrew
:lol:

Well now you can replace it with some better filter media like sponges/filter floss.

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top