Carbon nix Aquarisol?

Scarab

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just bought a 2.5 gallon Minibow for Solomon to move into (he's about to move up in the world). With my 1/2 gallons (unfiltered) I add Aquarisol with each water change as a preventative.

Now that I have my first filter with the 2.5 gallon(Whisper Internal Micro) I was wondering if the carbon will totally remove Aquarisol when I add it to the water??

Scarab, yes, the carbon will most likely remove it.

First off, I appreciate people putting additives in their tank from the standpoint of concern for their fish. But if no known problems exist, I strictly avoid the use of any chemicals. The best preventaive medicine is filtration, clening, and paying attention.

And as a footnote, try to avoid using any kind of treatment with copper or copper sulfates. Copper does more harm than good IME.

GL :)

I figured it would remove it. Thanks for confirming that.

And as a footnote, try to avoid using any kind of treatment with copper or copper sulfates. Copper does more harm than good IME.

Really? Wow...had no idea. I'm still a newbie...put I keep seeing some posts (on various forums) where people swear by Coppersafe (which I've never used) as being good to use.

Now if my fish ever do get sick with something and I do have to medicate, I would need to remove the carbon, right?

Scarab said:
Really? Wow...had no idea. I'm still a newbie...put I keep seeing some posts (on various forums) where people swear by Coppersafe (which I've never used) as being good to use.
You want to worry - when I trained as a nurse we were told they used to routinely put copper sulphate in the patient's tea! (no idea why). They also used to dress their wounds with a mercury compound and disinfect equipment with benzene (a carcinogen).

Nice to see these old practices didn't die out - they just moved to fish keeping ;)

Most reactions

Back