Carbon Dioxide Diffuser - Backflow Of Water Problem

iamwhoiam

Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't posted in ages and ages!

Anyways, my problem is this. If I am using a CO2 diffuser, the carbon dioxide pressure obviously builds up for it to force CO2 through it.

However, when I disconnect the line, there is a massive backflow of water (due to the pressure trying to equalise itself) and I end up with a watery carpet.

I have tried one of those cheap one-way valves (used for airlines) with no success as the pressure is still far too great.

Will a glass or brass (from AE) one way valve solve this?

What do you guys do to prevent this backflow of water?

Thanks, Andy

I use one of these........ click. My solenoid valve also has a non return valve in it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use the same as above.

stops water geting down thats for sure but then it is only stopping the bubble counter's water from going down the pipe as I have never had any problems with yeast or pressurised with water from the tank going back down the pipe, but the NRV I'm sure would stop that too.

Andy

Disconnect the tube at the bottle-end first if you can, then make sure the tube end is above water level really quickly. This should stop the wet carpet.

I use two JBL non-return valves. I have one just before the line goes into the tank which stops the backflow and have a back up just after the solenoid and before the bubble counter "just in case". I haven't had any backflow at all with these even with the increased pressure due to the CO2 tube being in the line with the outflow from my filter.

Most reactions

Back