Carbo Plus Co2 System

backtotropical

Retired Mod
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone used the Carbo Plus CO2 System (nera the bottom of the linked page).

I am thinking of buying one as my introduction to CO2.

This maybe should have been posted in Hardware, but i thought it is only people with planted tanks who are likely to answer.

Cheers. :good:

I hear they are actually quite good, but as George says you could get a pressurised kit for the same money if not less :)

Sam

Thanks a lot.

I have a 6 yr old kid in the house and really want to avoid messing about with pressurised gases. I thought the Carbo Plus was a good (and safer) alternative.

Would this system be ok?

i would go with pressurized or none at all. I find a stable low CO2 (no artificial injection) is better than a constantly changing medium CO2 (DIY). But stable high CO2 is best (pressurized). You could also lock your aquarium cabinet if the CO2 is in there, i know many people with sumps and little kids lock it up.

I bought a cheap cupboard lock from wilko for a couple of quid to lock my cabinet. Otherwise I don't think I'd have bought an external filter either for fear of a 1yr old and 2 yr old fiddling with knobs and dials etc plus eating potassium nitrate and potassium phosphate thinking it was sherbet and drinking the TPN thinking it was coke. lol.

Andy

Most reactions

Back