Can't start fluval 204

jimnyc

Reaction score
I took out my Canister filter, Fluval 204, for cleaning and now I can't get it started again. No matter how many times I pump the primer to remove the air, the water won't start flowing. I've never had this problem before. According to the manual it should only take a few pumps to get the water flowing and then you plug it back in. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas? Thanks !

I have a fluval something or other... :p

What I always did was submerge it completely underwater and the airbubbles will come out then switch it on and it will work a treat. Try it out as it may work for yours, unless there mechanics are exposed then it wouldn't be a good idea!!

William

I was able to get the water going again by cleaning out the lift-lick clamps that attach the input and output hoses to the canister. Apparently the intake hose was getting clogged where it meets the clamp. I used a small pipe cleaner to clean out all the crud from the clamp and voila! For what it's worth, I have an Eheim 2026 on my larger tank, and I like it much better than my Fluval and never experienced any problems, yet. Thanks again

Glad to hear the problems solved. as you've discovered if you've primed it right and it still doesn't work chances are it's a blockage, after that you start to get complicated. by far I think the Eheim is a better pump.

I have the Flistars for my tanks. They are simple to put together, easy to maintain, and a sinch to clean. It takes me 10 minutes to take the filter off the tank, take it to the sink, tear apart, clean, replace what needs replacing, put back together, walk back to the tank, hook it back up, wait 2 minutes, start filter again. Rose

Most reactions

trending

Back