Can't get rid of this, need help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Plakat

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been fighting this for quite a while now. I did rescue this betta from a water bottle left just outside the dumpster. One of his eye has been punctured and he is almost blind from the other. He eats well, I practically mouth feed him.
The water is changed everyday, full change as I use Poland Spring water which is slightly to the acidic side and I find it to be perfect for my bettas. I get the one that comes in the clear bottles. I don't like the one from the other regular bottles as they have plastic taste.
So far I have used a de-worming med and Kanaplex, together with methylene blue and aquarium salt.
It was spreading but now it has sort of halted for a while.
Regardless, please take a look at the picture and let me know what is this thing.
Thank you all in advance
20220914_172712.jpg

OH MY GOD! WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT!?!?! PUT A LIVING THING IN A SMALL BOTTLE IN A DUMPSTER! 😡😡😡

Anyways can't change the fact they did that. You did a really good thing, even if you don't know how to care for a fish, you did the right thing.

I would stop the medications. What size of tank is he in?
Do daily 75% water changes and @Colin_T Might be able to help with dosing salt and other things to do.

I can't help much more but thank you for saving it's life

Thanks @Rocky998, and he is in a 5 gallons hospital tank right now.
Aquarium salt is at a tablespoon per 5 gallons, as recommended by API for their aquarium salt
I still would appreciate if someone told me what this white stuff could be, or is.
Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How long have you had the fish?
Was its tail and fins chewed up like that when you found it?

The white stuff could be excess mucous or skin or a bacterial infection.

-----------------
Salt should be used at 1 heaped tablespoon per 20 litres (5 gallons) and can be increased to 2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres if there's no improvement after 48 hours.

Keep salt in tank for at least 2 weeks but no more than 4 weeks because it can cause kidney damage to soft water fishes like Bettas.

Thanks @Rocky998, and he is in a 5 gallons hospital tank right now.
Aquarium salt is at a tablespoon per 5 gallons, as recommended by API for their aquarium salt
I still would appreciate if someone told me what this white stuff could be, or is.
Thanks in advance
No problem. Seems like you are doing everything you can to get him healed up. The white could be fungal, bacterial, or excess mucus. Someone im sure can identify.
(sorry I thought this sent earlier, guess not. I apologize)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back