Cant Believe What I Just Read

shellz2008

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I just saw an ad via email tank for sale 3 foot, plus included 3 oscars, 5 silver dollars and a plec. is it just me or is that a tad ott. i had a plec and oscar in a 4 footer a while back and that seemed ok but id never dreamt of putting more in the tank. am i right or do i just let my fish live in a mansion?lol
 
nope that is way too overcrowded, but tbh these posts come up soo often. if only there was a way of telling all the people out there..........
 
I just saw an ad via email tank for sale 3 foot, plus included 3 oscars, 5 silver dollars and a plec. is it just me or is that a tad ott. i had a plec and oscar in a 4 footer a while back and that seemed ok but id never dreamt of putting more in the tank. am i right or do i just let my fish live in a mansion?lol
I replied to the ad telling her she should warn potential buyers that the tanks overstocked as it kinda annoyed me tbhi know i shouldnt of but i did lol
 
pmsl she just replied to me saying they are all young fish!! what difference does that make???? i emailed her back saying they do grow and fast (omg) :unsure:
 
Maybe when she got them originally she had intended to rehome them but something come up. Ya gotta look at all angles. Not everyone is an evil fish-keeper.
 
pmsl she just replied to me saying they are all young fish!! what difference does that make????

Smaller fish are not as big is the difference it makes. I have a fish that grows to a foot long in a 2 foot tank. I am not an evil keeper, but if I put him in the big tank with the others at his current size of about 1.5" he will get eaten, thus he has to grow out in the smaller tank.

Also, what are the other dimensions of the tank? I have a 3 foot tank which could house those fish for some time, being as it is a 3x2x2.

At the end of the day, caveat emptor; if the buyer isn't sure about what the fish he is buying need then it is his problem.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top